Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

Rewards BETA feedback

Feedback - Started 3 years ago by radMonkey - 3975 posts - 1 2 3 4 5 6 20 40 60 80 100 120 140 159 pages

Profile image
radMonkey posted 3 years ago

Hey folks,

Please read our blog post about the Rewards BETA before posting in this thread. 

Feel free to use this thread to report your thoughts - both good and bad.

If you find any issue (and you will, that's BETA for you) please visit our Support page.

Last edit: Pandorgo (08//05/2015)

Profile image
deathofcards posted 3 years ago

An nice feature but the tracking isn't a 100% to begin with and to a degree never has been.

Profile image
Bloodycrow posted 3 years ago

Whoa, this is neat!

So many questions though! How will getting GBP Sterling currently affect accounts that can only purchase in other currencies? Will £ be added to the account, or no funds at all? If added, will it be converted at that time, later during purchase, or perhaps not at all?

I totally dig this idea though, sounds amazing.

Profile image
DSP21 posted 3 years ago

Awesome! Gotta get em $$! :D

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by deathofcards Jump to post

An nice feature but the tracking isn't a 100% to begin with and to a degree never has been.

This is built on Scraper2, the Steam tracking completely rewritten. It's also in BETA and we've deployed a few fixes that we're test overnight. We realise how important tracking is, so any feedback int the Scraper2 thread would be appreciated. https://forums.playfire.com/suggestions-feedback/thread/119589

Profile image
dragon_blade posted 3 years ago

How are you profiting from this in my eyes are you not loosing money? What if some one never spends this credit  ?  That would essentialy mean you are loosing money.  50 cents among a lot of users tends to add up. I guess this is better then raptr they don't give out money mostly codes to stuff and discounts froms what i've seen. Gotta stay on top the competition :P  Also since im canadian and use candian $ in stead of euros would that get calulated over to my currency  ?

Profile image
Big_Latin_Dude posted 3 years ago

Maybe it would be good, to redesign the credits box on the home page. Looks kinda cheap. Changes the energy of PF.

Profile image
xdragonwiingz posted 3 years ago

Kinda stupid that the achievements you arleady got doesn't count for the rewards, since the only game i have on pc is l4d2 and i already go some of the achievements for it :/ Will this change in the future or am i screwed? xD

Profile image
Artificial posted 3 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by dragon_blade Jump to post

How are you profiting from this in my eyes are you not loosing money? What if some one never spends this credit  ?  That would essentialy mean you are loosing money.  50 cents among a lot of users tends to add up. I guess this is better then raptr they don't give out money mostly codes to stuff and discounts froms what i've seen. Gotta stay on top the competition :P  Also since im canadian and use candian $ in stead of euros would that get calulated over to my currency  ?

If someone doesn't spend the credit they earn then GMG wouldn't lose anything at all. It's comparable to handing out phyiscal vouchers really. If you don't use it, the business won't have lost anything.

Profile image
Lorondos posted 3 years ago

https://www.playfire.com/radMonkey/updates/5700581 Replied here!, to most questions.

Profile image
SolidSnakeEyes posted 3 years ago

I don't understand what you mean by log into Playfire with your GMG account details. I use a different email and password on each site, what do I do to link the accounts?

Profile image

So a couple of quick answers. 

GBP - we'll be adding other currencies later. This is a beta limitation. In the interim your Rewards should be converted base on an exchange rate. 

Already got the achievement. Sucks, I know. We could change it but as this is Beta it's part of our testing criteria. We've put a couple of new games that, if you were planning on getting it, you can earn rewards. This is a sample test. More rewards will be added later. 

Profile image
Lorkem posted 3 years ago

Really neat idea! Looking forward to seeing this all develop :)

Profile image
SonOfAnarchy91 posted 3 years ago

"Sign in through Steam"? Guessing this is for PC Gamers only then? What a Rip D:<

Profile image
CapRichard posted 3 years ago

That's a nice idea.

Quote:

Originally posted by SonOfAnarchy91 Jump to post

"Sign in through Steam"? Guessing this is for PC Gamers only then? What a Rip D:<

It is forwarded by GMG, which is primarly a PC game digital retailer so.... And yeah, playfire is run by guys who made money on PC players.

Profile image
dreaminstereo posted 3 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by SonOfAnarchy91 Jump to post

Steam is the only system used by the beta profiles at the moment, and it's also the most popular network on Playfire.

Profile image
Bearisonfire posted 3 years ago

the last year this site change more to there pc users than there console users..

Profile image
alphastreamz posted 3 years ago

As a console gamer... i would much appreciate any options that make this Rewards feature "dissappear"

Profile image

@Alphastreamz - I'll speak to the tech team tomorrow. It should only show for people who've added their Steam account. 

This is PC first, check the Engine Room blog posts for why, but once we're out of Beta we will be exploring other platforms like consoles. 

Profile image
MugenDraco posted 3 years ago

I've got a small bug concerning the new rewards section on the Home page. "Earned this week" is in pounds, and "current balance" is in dollars. Just thought I'd report that.

Profile image
Bloodycrow posted 3 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by radMonkey Jump to post

So a couple of quick answers. 

GBP - we'll be adding other currencies later. This is a beta limitation. In the interim your Rewards should be converted base on an exchange rate. 

Already got the achievement. Sucks, I know. We could change it but as this is Beta it's part of our testing criteria. We've put a couple of new games that, if you were planning on getting it, you can earn rewards. This is a sample test. More rewards will be added later. 

Thanks for the quick answers, Ben, you're super rad[Monkey]!

Profile image
dsl278 posted 3 years ago

Great concept, but too bad achievements already earned are not taken into account, especially given the fact that most of the games that qualify for the beta have been around for a while now. Definitely something to reconsider when lifting the beta-tag.

Profile image
SlyCooperFan100 posted 3 years ago

This was not answered:

Quote:

Originally posted by SolidSnakeEyes Jump to post

I don't understand what you mean by log into Playfire with your GMG account details. I use a different email and password on each site, what do I do to link the accounts?

And I too would like to know what happens to those of us with different accounts.

Profile image
Rebourne07 posted 3 years ago

Drop everything and get the tracking right first lol Y'alls priorities are jacked up. You try so much and do so little. I love the site for the people, but tracking is awful, statistics are laughable (700+ ultra rare trophies man I'm the king of gaming) and crap like this. Heck my balance is even in Euros haha

Profile image
deathofcards posted 3 years ago

I have noticed my reward progress with is zero when I have at least two of the Borderlands achievements required. One of those is shown on my progress but the other is not.

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top