Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

Where is my Civ V BNW code?

Green Man Gaming - Started 9 months ago by Steffek - 114 posts - 1 2 3 4 5 pages

Profile image
Land posted 9 months ago

I'm getting really frustrated. I might just purchase it off Steam and see if anyone I know could use the GMG key for cheap or whatever.

Publishers fault or not, more expensive or not, all my future pre-orders for any time sensitive game (i.e. something I want to play the same day) are now going through Steam as they have in the past.

Profile image
DevonOO7 posted 9 months ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Land Jump to post

I'm getting really frustrated. I might just purchase it off Steam and see if anyone I know could use the GMG key for cheap or whatever.

Publishers fault or not, more expensive or not, all my future pre-orders for any time sensitive game (i.e. something I want to play the same day) are now going through Steam as they have in the past.

Yup same.

Profile image
bortnessundine posted 9 months ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Dean_Demon Jump to post

This makes no difference at all, NA users will still receive their games and keys on day of release for their region but Support will be able to give you an update on it

It was released 12am EST. No one has their key. I filed a support ticket in which i'll get a response in 24 hours it says.

I won't buy games from GMG anymore. You lost my business

Profile image
bortnessundine posted 9 months ago

Not only that, but Amazon customers now have their keys, so does Gamersgate. 

It's insulting to tell us to contact support when it takes up to 24 hours for them to get back to you.

Profile image
Entw1ne posted 9 months ago
Quote:

Same here.. Doing exactly that right now. I waited until midnight PST, and still no key. Guess I'll try to sell the GMG key when I get it.

Should have done this two hours ago. Oh well.

Profile image
Land posted 9 months ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Entw1ne Jump to post

Same here.. Doing exactly that right now. I waited until midnight PST, and still no key. Guess I'll try to sell the GMG key when I get it.

Should have done this two hours ago. Oh well.

Yeah I decided on that also. Not doing this a few hours ago is my regret as well, but you know... all that stuff about hindsight.

Profile image
Entw1ne posted 9 months ago
Quote:

Yeah I decided on that also. Not doing this a few hours ago is my regret as well, but you know... all that stuff about hindsight.

Yeah, hahaha. Figured waiting until 12AM PST was the wisest thing to do at the time, anyway.

Here's to being able to play it now, though. Only 1GB dl, Steam says ~3 minutes. Good deal. I'm off of here, take care all, and best of luck!

Profile image
kenuty posted 9 months ago
Quote:

Originally posted by bortnessundine Jump to post

Not only that, but Amazon customers now have their keys, so does Gamersgate. 

It's insulting to tell us to contact support when it takes up to 24 hours for them to get back to you.

Earlier some kid was arguing and defending GMG hardcore that amazon/gamersgate etc belong in the same category on the late distribution

timpkmn89 was his name

right now gmg still doesn't have the key

Profile image
pintocat posted 9 months ago

This is ridiculous. If somebody at GMG had at least released some kind of notification on why and when we'd actually get the f'ing key...

Profile image
cities posted 9 months ago

I want to cancel my preorder, since I still dont have my game yet, not paying for this 

Profile image
UncleGeorge posted 9 months ago

Finally got my key

Profile image
radaeron posted 9 months ago

Hi all - keys are currently being sent out for Civ V: Brave New World in North America.  We did not receive clearance to send these from the publisher before it was opened up for download on Steam.  We have to wait for publisher clearance and in this instance we sadly did not hear from them in time.  We'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this, and rest assured keys are going out now.

-James

Profile image
Steffek posted 9 months ago

Not to be a jerk but I am calling BS on that excuse for 2 reasons.  First if this was true the first staff member who resonded on the first page would have told us that, but he didnt.  Second is you don't have to worry about sending codes out to soon as it is a Steam game, they are the ones who hit the switch when it goes live, not when you put the code in. 

Profile image
Lowtheparasite posted 9 months ago

Im okay with this....Thanks green man gaming. 

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by Steffek Jump to post

Not to be a jerk but I am calling BS on that excuse for 2 reasons.  First if this was true the first staff member who resonded on the first page would have told us that, but he didnt.  Second is you don't have to worry about sending codes out to soon as it is a Steam game, they are the ones who hit the switch when it goes live, not when you put the code in. 

Not to worry at all. The reason we have this forum is so people can voice their thoughts and we can advise appropriately.

To try and help out though, it's important to remember that those with Moderator tags aren't staff, they're volunteers who help you guys on the forum with the best information they can.

While Dean_Demon is correct that games normally release through the GMG system at around 0200 UTC, the reason this didn't happen this time is because of the reason in my previous post (a reason that the moderators were unaware of).

The reason we didn't just send out the keys regardless is that we still need to keep a good relationship with game publishers. If we didn't then they wouldn't want to sell their games on the GMG store and we'd all lose out.

Hope this helps

-James

*edited for correct tense.

Profile image
gunstarpl posted 9 months ago

Any chance EU will get keys before the official release date?

Profile image
Horace posted 9 months ago

Any idea what time you will be sending out the codes for the UK/EU release?

It would be nice to have a chance to preload it and get a game in that night but I won't bother waiting up if there is a high chance it will be delayed like the NA release.

Profile image

Re: EU release, hopefully before the release date but ultimately it's down to 2K telling us when we're cleared to send them out.

Not an ideal answer for you guys I'm sure (since we already have to wait an extra few days anyway), but there it is.

-James

Profile image

Please cancel my order. 

Profile image

I filed a ticket, and only got the copy and paste response seen above when I said I wanted to cancel my order.

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by cities Jump to post

Please cancel my order. 

You can request a refund through our support team - they'll be able to advise you on this. It's not something that can be done from the forum. To contact our CS team login to GMG, click Support, hit search, then click "submit ticket"

-J

Profile image
Mrshilka posted 9 months ago

Have they been sent yet?.

Sitting here waiting.

Profile image
Jahman posted 9 months ago

As mentioned earlier in this thread:

Quote:

Originally posted by radaeron Jump to post

Hi all - keys are currently being sent out for Civ V: Brave New World in North America.

so if You're from North America then You should most likely already have your key on your Games page of your account or You should receive it shortly. If You're not from the North America then You will receive your key closer to the official release date for your region which You can check by visiting your regional Steam store page for Civ V BNW.

Profile image
GreatDoink posted 9 months ago

I must be in the minority since no updates have been made in this thread for quite some time but I am still missing my preorder key.  I did purchase a NA key (and I live in NA), but still no key.  Sent in a support ticket a while back and I got the same reponse radaeron gave almost word for word.  However, this was over 8 hours ago.  I sent in another earlier today, but nothing has been said yet.

Very disappointed that I paid for the preorder and did not recieve my key the day it released as promised and what seems to be a lack of reponse to the issue.  Somewhat defeats the purpose of the preorder.  Please let me know what the hold up is since it appears that the publisher releasing the keys is not the issue in this case.

Profile image
Mrshilka posted 9 months ago

Still no Key here I am not using GMG again.

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top