Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

What's your pokemon team gonna be? (Pokemon Soul Silver)

General Discussion - Started 4 years ago by ShengRyong - 166 posts - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 pages

Profile image
ShengRyong posted 4 years ago

With HeartGold/SoulSilver coming out in English sometime in the future(or if you already have the Jap version) What's your plans for your ultimate pokemon team?

Me, I'm planning on sticking with the team I had when I played the original Silver version: Lugia, Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, Espeon, and Umbreon(as you can tell I like the Eevee evolutions Tongue out)  Though it might be subject to change.

Profile image
nattydabest posted 4 years ago

Dunno, But I prefer HoHo To lugia

Profile image
erakko posted 4 years ago

Damn, Silver and Gold are the only games where it's kinda hard to create a decent team of the game's generation Pokémons only :/ I've done it in Emerald, Diamond, and of course Red, but in GSC not.

Especially if you're not able to trade and so on.

Profile image
Wachisnoo posted 4 years ago

I got the first 8 badges then just transfered my Platinum team over to do the Eite Four and Kanto.

Profile image
nattydabest posted 4 years ago

Whens this released in The UK and US? I dont want to play the JP version, because i can't speak japanese!

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by nattydabest Jump to post

Whens this released in The UK and US? I dont want to play the JP version, because i can't speak japanese!

Not till 2010. Although its still really easy to play even if you can't speak japanese. Especially if you're familiar with the original G/S games.

Profile image
dgBigBoss posted 4 years ago

Right now, i'm playing with...

-Meganium

-Ampharos

-Politoed

-Arbok

-Pidgeot

-Ninetales

Later, when i get to Mt. Silver i'll add a Tyranitar or something xD

Profile image
animefreak13 posted 4 years ago

i plan on using this team

typhlosion, ampharos, gyraydos(red), umbreon, togetic,

i am wondering if togetic can evolve further in the game (togekiss) if not a noctowl or dragonite and not sure for the last one any sugestions i dont mind

Profile image

I played through Soul Silver with Typhlosion, Ampharos, Umbreon, Noctowl, Slowbro and Sudowoodo then for the Pokemon league just traded my UU team over from my Platinum game and used that for the rest of it.

Profile image
eMeuVePe posted 4 years ago

The sames as Pokemon Pearl.. Cool

BTW

Quote:

Originally posted by ShengRyong Jump to post

You

Quote:

Originally posted by dgBigBoss Jump to post

& You

Quote:

Originally posted by animefreak13 Jump to post

Also You

Quote:

Originally posted by Wachisnoo Jump to post

& You Too

Have horrible teams Foot in mouth I'm sorry I just had to say it.

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by eMeuVePe Jump to post

Have horrible teams Foot in mouth I'm sorry I just had to say it.

That's actually hard to declare since none of them didn't say what kind of movesets they have... and they are the most important thing.

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by erakko Jump to post

That's actually hard to declare since none of them didn't say what kind of movesets they have... and they are the most important thing.

When it comes to it.. it really doesn't matter. When you become a nerd on this games you are able to tell by just knowing their team & trust I seriously dont see any threat here besides Umbreon and by looking at the rest of their team I'm pretty sure they dont even know how to properly use him/her..

Btw by now [[ platinum/pearl ]] you should know movesets aren't even close to the most important thing on a Pk battle. Foot in mouth

Quote:

Originally posted by dgBigBoss Jump to post

Regardless of hes entire team attacks, a Gengar lvl 80 will not only attack 1st but it will also KO half of his team with just a thunderbolt. Frown

Profile image
Quote:

blaablaablaa

Then what is your suggestion of "good team" if you can't choose pretty much any Pokémon at all? :P

Profile image
D797 posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Wachisnoo Jump to post

I played through Soul Silver with Typhlosion, Ampharos, Umbreon, Noctowl, Slowbro and Sudowoodo then for the Pokemon league just traded my UU team over from my Platinum game and used that for the rest of it.

whos he again ^^^^

Profile image
Quote:

Then what is your suggestion of "good team" if you can't choose pretty much any Pokémon at all? :P

You must be a noob at Pokemon.. Frown

Is not about choosing or not.. it's about the Pokemon Evolution. A Pidgeot just can't compete with now in days Pokemons.

I could tell you a few I guess.. Salamance , Garchomp, Tyranitar, Milotic, Gengar, Skarmony, Blissey, Lucario ect...

But of course by having good pokemons doesnt mean u have a good team.. you need to apply abilities, items, switches, balance types all that bs n of course Proper Stats.

Quote:

Originally posted by D797 Jump to post

whos he again ^^^^

Profile image
FiendishWolf posted 4 years ago

For now, I'm down to my first three which is Cyndaquil, Zangoose and Scizor.

Profile image
Quote:

You must be a noob at Pokemon.. Frown

After many years of active playing of Pokémon, I find that hard to believe. It was just a question to see how crappy you think a decent team should team be.

Quote:

Is not about choosing or not.. it's about the Pokemon Evolution. A Pidgeot just can't compete with now in days Pokemons

So Pokémon has become competition now? Noone cares about it, they catch it, they train it, they win, they're happy.

Profile image
BatmanPrime posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Salamance , Garchomp, Tyranitar, Milotic, Gengar, Skarmony, Blissey, Lucario

These are all actually really good. Except Lucario. He has a shitload of weaknesses. Blissey is a downright bitch to fight (due to its 300+ HP), unless you teach a really strong Pokemon Close Combat. Gengar is ridiculously strong and surprisingly fast. Skarmory is completely resistant to Poison, which gives it an advantage in a long fight. Milotic has a really high SA, making it more powerful than it already is. Tyranitar has one of the highest Attack of any Pokemon, but most of its other stats are low, making it a good finisher Pokemon. Garchomp I don't know that much. Salamence has good overall stats (especially Attack and SA) which makes it a tough Pokemon to finish fast (unless you use a strong Dragon or Ice move). I'd also like to add Latios and Aerodactyl. Latios is really fast, and coupled with Calm Mind makes him really hard to beat. Aerodactyl is a great starting Pokemon, it has great Attack and Speed, and if you use Stealth Rock, that usually cuts the opponent's switched-in Pokemon's health by 1/3.

Profile image
Quote:

After many years of active playing of Pokémon, I find that hard to believe. It was just a question to see how crappy you think a decent team should team be.

So Pokémon has become competition now? Noone cares about it, they catch it, they train it, they win, they're happy.

I gave you good individual Pokemons. You should've know that... SMH.

& If thats what you think about pokemon then STICK to the story mode because you WONT make it online.

Quote:

Originally posted by BatmanPrime Jump to post

These are all actually really good. Except Lucario. He has a shitload of weaknesses. Blissey is a downright bitch to fight (due to its 300+ HP), unless you teach a really strong Pokemon Close Combat. Gengar is ridiculously strong and surprisingly fast. Skarmory is completely resistant to Poison, which gives it an advantage in a long fight. Milotic has a really high SA, making it more powerful than it already is. Tyranitar has one of the highest Attack of any Pokemon, but most of its other stats are low, making it a good finisher Pokemon. Garchomp I don't know that much. Salamence has good overall stats (especially Attack and SA) which makes it a tough Pokemon to finish fast (unless you use a strong Dragon or Ice move). I'd also like to add Latios and Aerodactyl. Latios is really fast, and coupled with Calm Mind makes him really hard to beat. Aerodactyl is a great starting Pokemon, it has great Attack and Speed, and if you use Stealth Rock, that usually cuts the opponent's switched-in Pokemon's health by 1/3.

Well I'm not sure what were you aiming for but like I said I just gave him good individual pokemons so he could get a picture on the lalala trip hes on. Still what you say its true but I have to disagree with a few..

- Blissey - Does not need strong attacks at all to be a complete bitch.
 - Tyranitar - Items make up for the lack of speed, Sandstorm huge asset in fight.
 - Lucario - It's all about attacking 1st but its up to you to either making him a A or SA sweeper.

Still none of them are on my default team except for my Milotic, but I do use them with different teams with a different approach to the battle [[ too much time in my hands lol ]] you will be surprise with the stuff you can comeup with. The same with tag team battles & since Legendary's are not allowed its all about strategy.

Profile image
Quote:

& If thats what you think about pokemon then STICK to the story mode because you WONT make it online.

Oh you mean online! That makes things a bit different... but meh, online-gaming sucks.

Profile image
ShengRyong posted 4 years ago

Can't we all just get along?  Everyone has their preference of pokemon and I wanted see what unique teams people were planning on making.

Profile image
[quote=eMeuVePe;1173772]

I gave you good individual Pokemons. You should've know that... SMH.

Well I'm not sure what were you aiming for but like I said I just gave him good individual pokemons so he could get a picture on the lalala trip hes on. Still what you say its true but I have to disagree with a few..

- Blissey - Does not need strong attacks at all to be a complete bitch.
 - Tyranitar - Items make up for the lack of speed, Sandstorm huge asset in fight.
 - Lucario - It's all about attacking 1st but its up to you to either making him a A or SA sweeper.

Still none of them are on my default team except for my Milotic, but I do use them with different teams with a different approach to the battle [[ too much time in my hands lol ]] you will be surprise with the stuff you can comeup with. The same with tag team battles & since Legendary's are not allowed its all about strategy.

[/quote]

Blissey is usually given something to augment its health, so it's usually a good idea to try to take it down fast. And it usually has Softboiled (or whatever that one move that increases its health), so killing it fast would be the easiest choice (poisoning would take too long, unless it's Toxic, but even that takes a while to build up). Sandstorm is a very good move, as long as your other Pokemon in a Double Battle isn't affected by it. Building up his Speed would be a good idea, but he's still better as a sweeper (that's what you call it when your Pokemon is only meant to finish off your opponent, right?) because of his good D and A. I used to use Lucario a lot, until I found out how many weaknesses he has. He's still pretty good as a sweeper because you don't have to worry too much about getting hit. Sorry if I sound a bit rusty, it's been a while since I trained my Pokemon competitively. Do you use Smogon?

Quote:

Originally posted by ShengRyong Jump to post

Can't we all just get along?  Everyone has their preference of pokemon and I wanted see what unique teams people were planning on making.

In that case, my first team is going to have Feraligatr (its my favorite Pokemans).

Profile image
Quote:

Oh you mean online! That makes things a bit different... but meh, online-gaming sucks.

But its competitive due to the only challenge you might get out of these games is the Battle Frontier Emerald style.
But yeah that's what I meant the whole time. XD

Quote:

Blissey is usually given something to augment its health, so it's usually a good idea to try to take it down fast. And it usually has Softboiled (or whatever that one move that increases its health), so killing it fast would be the easiest choice (poisoning would take too long, unless it's Toxic, but even that takes a while to build up). Sandstorm is a very good move, as long as your other Pokemon in a Double Battle isn't affected by it. Building up his Speed would be a good idea, but he's still better as a sweeper (that's what you call it when your Pokemon is only meant to finish off your opponent, right?) because of his good D and A. I used to use Lucario a lot, until I found out how many weaknesses he has. He's still pretty good as a sweeper because you don't have to worry too much about getting hit. Sorry if I sound a bit rusty, it's been a while since I trained my Pokemon competitively. Do you use Smogon?

In that case, my first team is going to have Feraligatr (its my favorite Pokemans).

Oh yeah no doubt Blissey needs to be taken out asap due to it also restores party's health. But she is mostly use to mess up opponents team, no need for her to attack. In Pearl/Diamon sandstorm brought rock pokemons a 1.5x SD^ not only that it damage those who arent rock so a team based on this ability could create some damage if well done. Yeah Luca as tons of weak but some of them are canceling each others out because of the Steel nature still the good thing about him is that he could probably 1hitKO any of the pokemons that happens to be his weakness due to the diverse attacks type.

Yeah its been a while since I got back on my game but by Soul Silver I'll be back lol No I dont use smogon. Yeah sweepers are those who you will have in your team just in case things get serious you will need to bring down a few. EX

Tyranitar - Endures attack & attack to KO but slow.
Gengar - Attacks 1st & strong but has low D & SD.

As for my startets idk yet.. prolly Fire since the rest could be found at random.

Profile image
Quote:

But its competitive due to the only challenge you might get out of these games is the Battle Frontier Emerald style.
But yeah that's what I meant the whole time. XD

Oh yeah no doubt Blissey needs to be taken out asap due to it also restores party's health. But she is mostly use to mess up opponents team, no need for her to attack. In Pearl/Diamon sandstorm brought rock pokemons a 1.5x SD^ not only that it damage those who arent rock so a team based on this ability could create some damage if well done. Yeah Luca as tons of weak but some of them are canceling each others out because of the Steel nature still the good thing about him is that he could probably 1hitKO any of the pokemons that happens to be his weakness due to the diverse attacks type.

Yeah its been a while since I got back on my game but by Soul Silver I'll be back lol No I dont use smogon. Yeah sweepers are those who you will have in your team just in case things get serious you will need to bring down a few. EX

Tyranitar - Endures attack & attack to KO but slow.
Gengar - Attacks 1st & strong but has low D & SD.

As for my startets idk yet.. prolly Fire since the rest could be found at random.

I was playing my brother, and he had a Blissey that didn't really do anything but eat up my attacks. It was so damn annoying. Yet fun at the same time. Sandstorm ups Rock Pokemon's SP? I didn't know that. I thought it ups Evasion. The problem with making a team insusceptible to Sandstorm is that Rock, Ground, and Steel usually share weaknesses. With the exception of Steel, Water and Grass moves would massacre a Sandstorm team. Lucario does have a diverse amount of moves, but since almost everyone teaches at least one of their Pokemon Earthquake, and since Earthquake usually gets a 1HKO on Lucario, I've stopped using him.

I'm surprised you know what Smogon is.

Profile image
Quote:

I was playing my brother, and he had a Blissey that didn't really do anything but eat up my attacks. It was so damn annoying. Yet fun at the same time. Sandstorm ups Rock Pokemon's SP? I didn't know that. I thought it ups Evasion. The problem with making a team insusceptible to Sandstorm is that Rock, Ground, and Steel usually share weaknesses. With the exception of Steel, Water and Grass moves would massacre a Sandstorm team. Lucario does have a diverse amount of moves, but since almost everyone teaches at least one of their Pokemon Earthquake, and since Earthquake usually gets a 1HKO on Lucario, I've stopped using him.

I'm surprised you know what Smogon is.

Yeah sandstorm with Pearl & Diamond came with that huge asset. It does up evasion for some pokemons but thats them to their ability + Sandstorm ability still it could be really annoying if someone did take advantage of that. They do share the same weakness but not everyone does come with more than a water pokemon let alone a grass able to survive an earthquake but if you do dig deeper a sandstorm team could really mess you up & its not up to the whole ground/rock type is about making sure sandstorm works to your advantage ex

Garchomp - Dragon/Ground
Cradily - Rock/Grass
Mamoswine - Ice/Ground
Shuckle - Bug/Ground
Metagross - Phychic/Steel
Empoleon - Water/Steel

Stuff like that [[ not a team up there just individuals you can work around them ]] & with attacks like taunt it could really mess you up & including items, abilities even baton pass could only make things worse. On the other hand I have never use Luca lol idk, yeah Smogon its alright I just feel more familiar with serebii.net. But yeah Soul Silver FTW !

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top