Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

(PS3) "Connection to EA Online has been lost" when connecting to multiplayer menu (Battlefield: Bad Company)

General Discussion - Started 4 years ago by vicx - 11 posts

Profile image
vicx posted 4 years ago

I've constantly been getting an error message when I connect to the multiplayer menu saying "Connection to EA Online has been lost"
I logged into another account and it connected fine, but my own account keeps getting this error. It started about 2 days after the BF1943 release.

All I've done before this was log into my account at the BF1943 site (which didn't work), and since then I've been getting this error for BFBC so I think it might be related. Also, I started playing 1943 AFTER I started getting the error, I've been getting the error before I had even downloaded 1943.

BF1943 has always worked fine. Other PSN accounts work on BFBC. Only my account won't connect to BFBC.

I've talked to EA and they don't know what's wrong either.

Anyone else getting this error? if so let me know and I'll pass your PSN IDs onto EA and maybe they'll find the problem if they can compare PSN accounts with the same problem.

Profile image
zyclonium posted 4 years ago

Yes, exactly.

I've never been able to connect BFBC using my main PSN account (PSN ID: zyclonium) but if I switch to another account (PSN ID: tunnelsequence) it works fine.

BF1943 works fine on my "zyclonium" ID though, as does every other online game from EA (Mirror's Edge for example) or otherwise.

If you can get to the bottom of this I would love to hear what the fix is as it's driving me crazy.

Profile image
C_Y_P_H_E_R posted 4 years ago

God your all retarded.i never have problems with this.tell me why i put in a lot of time and got the platinum and still never had this problem?i have posted this before.i have only seen this error on my friends ps3 that was on nat type 3...i fixed his connection problem and it went to nat type 2 and he never had the problem again even for 1943.not once.same here.IT IS YOUR INTERNET and and YOUR LAZINESS TO RESEARCH.that is the problem.have a nice day.

Profile image
djsifer posted 4 years ago

EA servers are horrible, i was playing Skate 2 last night and had nothing but problems. I have a 15MB line so its not my internet and my friends i was playing with were having the same problem.

Profile image
zyclonium posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by C_Y_P_H_E_R Jump to post

IT IS YOUR INTERNET and and YOUR LAZINESS TO RESEARCH.that is the problem.have a nice day.

Your point about setting your PS3 connection to NAT type 2 is a valid one and it can solve some online problems but it is not the fix in this case.

My PS3 is already NAT type 2. I can play online using one PSN login but not using my main PSN login. Both are on the same PS3 using the same network configuration on the same internet connection. I'm convinced it is something to do with some PSN accounts that EA's servers don't like.

Your rude response is not appreciated though. Please learn some manners or just don't bother replying in future!

Profile image
MP5PRO posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by C_Y_P_H_E_R Jump to post

God your all retarded.i never have problems with this.tell me why i put in a lot of time and got the platinum and still never had this problem?i have posted this before.i have only seen this error on my friends ps3 that was on nat type 3...i fixed his connection problem and it went to nat type 2 and he never had the problem again even for 1943.not once.same here.IT IS YOUR INTERNET and and YOUR LAZINESS TO RESEARCH.that is the problem.have a nice day.

God your fuckin retarted can you tell me why I still cant play this game with nat type 2, no cus your fuckin to lazy to research and you dont know your *expletive deleted*, shut the *expletive deleted* up. I hate Americans

Profile image
q80_rules posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by rabbitc Jump to post

i'd imagine 360 users are getting the same message.

EA servers suck.

Profile image
slick_lick posted 4 years ago

same problem here. had 2 accounts on the same ps3 1 worked online on BFBC the other diddint, i deleted a heap of friends off my list & it worked first pop. i know it sounds too good to be true but it really works! im a happy man

Profile image
Bobbypick posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by rabbitc Jump to post

EA servers suck.

Profile image
slick_lick posted 4 years ago

yes EA servers do suck........BIG TIME

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top