Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

GTS Problem, Please Help ! (Pokemon Platinum)

General Discussion - Started 5 years ago by dld2007 - 6 posts

Profile image
dld2007 posted 5 years ago

I have been borrowing Pokemon Diamond from my store (Gamestop) for the past month and bought Platinum this past Sunday. I traded all my Diamond over to my Platinum yesterday so I had a couple of questions. I had a male Chimchar and started Platinum with a female Chimchar., so now I will be able to breed Chimchars when I get to that stage in the game.

My question is that I really want a Bulbasaur to play in Platinum, however I cannot search the GTS for one because I havent seen it on my Platinum yet. Is there any other way for me to obtain one? If anyone on these forums has a Bulba and I fight them, will that let me search for them on the GTS or do I actually have to own one?

Also, when I start breeding lvl 1 Chimchars... lets say I put a lvl 1 female Chimchar up and I want a lvl under 10 female Bulbasaur... how will I know that the Bulbasaur I get is legit like mine? Do the trades happen instantly or do I get to click ok on my end first?

If anyone out there can give me a quick run through of how the trade happens I would be greatly appreciative. Also if anyone can help me out with a Bulbasaur trade via WiFi or a donation that would make my week. I know its cheap to ask for a handout, but I would really like to play Platinum with a Bulbasaur starter.

Thanks team,

Dennis

Profile image
KreuzKross posted 5 years ago

Haven't traded any pokemon online before. But I'm guessing you can check the details by looking at the summary.

I think the only way to get the original pokemon is to use migrate (where you put the older game (Ruby/Sapphire) into the GBA slot and you pick 5 you want then it appears in that safari, and you have to catch them. Since FireRed and LeafGreen are GBA games too, not sure if you could slot them into the NDS GBA slot and migrate just like you would do with Ruby/Sapphire.

Profile image
dld2007 posted 5 years ago

Yeah that does work, however I cant do that until I beat Platinum... and I wanna beat it with Bulbasaur :)

The Pal Park is unlocked by getting the National Pokedex from Oak after defeating the Elite 4 and seeing every Pokemon in Sinnoh. That cant be done until the end of the game. Thats how it is in Diamond and I assume it will be the same way in Platinum. The major problem I have it that I cant obtain the pokemon I am missing on the GTS without seeing them first. But seeing them requires me to own them in a previous game... so why would I trade for a pokemon in the auction if I already own it? I dont get that...

Profile image
theoggies posted 4 years ago

once you get a national dex, you are able to migrate pokemon from a GBA cartridge to your platinum cartridge. if you get leafgreen/firered and start a new game with bulbasaur, then migrate it over. dont think this will help but hopefully it will. Cool

Profile image
theoggies posted 4 years ago

oh by the way could you join my 'secret society of pokemon addicts' clan? you seem like you know alot of stuff about it so it would be nice to have a new member join up Smile its a new clan so im the only member and im the admin! Cry

Profile image
maces006 posted 4 years ago

I would ask the question of how to trade for a bulbasaur on pokemon platinum by the GTS, as i haven't seen one in the game and also i don't have any of the gameboy advance pokemon games to migrate from.

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top