Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

Official Anime Thread | OT

General Discussion - Started 8 years ago by Vizion - 33655 posts - 1 200 400 600 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 1000 1198 pages

Profile image
Awsomonium posted 4 years ago

lol, reminds me of Gangnam Style

http://i.imgur.com/VAntN.png

Profile image
Darkpyrojohn44 posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Awsomonium Jump to post

Never seen that.

But im up to ep3 now. I just really like the whole deadpan humour, etc. The whole romance bit, is pretty much what you'd expect from this type of anime, but I love how it keeps going off on random tangents.

Just finished 3 as well. It's funny and light which is a nice thing to offset Another's dark and creepy mood since I decided to watch what grish recomended, despite the fact that this is like the second time in life that I've watched subbed anime instead of dubbed.

Also watching the first FMA anime, because better late than never and FMA:Brotherhood was pretty good.

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by Darkpyrojohn44 Jump to post

despite the fact that this is like the second time in life that I've watched subbed anime instead of dubbed.

watch subbed more, the voice acting is sooo much better in japanese in 99% of cases.

Profile image
Darkpyrojohn44 posted 4 years ago
Quote:

watch subbed more, the voice acting is sooo much better in japanese in 99% of cases.

Eh, I think a lot of english voice acting is decent just repetetive. Since a couple major companies do all the dubbing you have the same person voicing main characters in many different anime. They do seem to change a lot of dialogue when they dub to make sence culturally though. Not sure if it's nessasarily bad or good. Just a thing they do.

But watching subs isn't too bad.

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by Darkpyrojohn44 Jump to post

Eh, I think a lot of english voice acting is decent just repetetive. Since a couple major companies do all the dubbing you have the same person voicing main characters in many different anime. They do seem to change a lot of dialogue when they dub to make sence culturally though. Not sure if it's nessasarily bad or good. Just a thing they do.

But watching subs isn't too bad.

After a while you learn enough Japanese to get a lot of the english dubs/subs make a bit more contextual sense. eg some minor bits may nnot make as much sense because of the whole cultural translation thing. It's not a major thing, but thats why I like subs, cause it give a little more insight into the story once you learn some of the basic Japanese.

Profile image
sarroush posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by StrawHat Jump to post

Fairy Tail on the other hand was disappointing. It was off with a great start, but I wish it would take itself a little bit more seriously instead of ruining the good battles by doing something utterly retarded. Mystogan vs. Jura was the highlight of this episode but Ultear ruined it. 

Ruined it? He was about to expose himself which would disqualify both teams, and lead to jail time for some of the members. They also have no intention of waging war against the council and the army at this time. So Ultear was smart. All Jellal was trying to do was show off to Erza and win. He didn't even stop to think that he would endanger Fairy Tail by using that magic.

Speaking of that episode, Mystogan's magic has always been f*cking awesome. Those layered magic circles are sooo cool.

Levy's narration! Sooooooon! Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon! That scene shall happen! More like in 30 episodes, but it's ok. Sooooooooooooooon!

---------------------------

Gotta catch up with Code;Breaker. 

Profile image
StrawHat posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by sarroush Jump to post

Ruined it? He was about to expose himself which would disqualify both teams, and lead to jail time for some of the members. They also have no intention of waging war against the council and the army at this time. So Ultear was smart. All Jellal was trying to do was show off to Erza.

Speaking of that episode, Mystogan's magic has always been f*cking awesome. Those layered magic circles are sooo cool.

I'm sure the message would have been clear to Jellal after the spicy taste. But to continue till he was down and lost the battle? Kind of stupid, especially because both Fairy Tail teams are now in the last places. Then again, Jellal was being dumb in the first place so I guess I should have mentioned that instead Ultear.

-------------

Yeeeeeaaaaaah. Shinsekai Yori's OST is on Nyaa. It's divine, can't stop listening to it.

Profile image
sarroush posted 4 years ago

Ramen Fighter Miki has it's ups and downs but the second half of episode 8 was fantatsic! Would be nice if a spinoff existed on either Hell Bunny's actress or Tomoka. One for the latter would be pure bliss.

Profile image
grishrak posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by sarroush Jump to post

Ramen Fighter Miki has it's ups and downs but the second half of episode 8 was fantatsic! Would be nice if a spinoff existed on either Hell Bunny's actress or Tomoka. One for the latter would be pure bliss.

I thought you said you felt like you was growing out of anime? You just need to watch different series to find something to spark your anime side back to life. Prince of Tennis should do it I like it all 178 episodes where good I just wish the new series that came out had just as many if not more episodes then One Piece, Shin-Chan, Bleach, and Dragon Ball + Z + GT + Kai combined! I could watch Prince of Tennis all day perhaps one of the only series I would say I enjoy watching more then Kiss X Sis.

Profile image
insan3soldiern posted 4 years ago

Well, I finished Mawaru Penguindrum. At first I wasn't really sure what I thought of the ending and, while it isn't quite as great as Utena's, I find myself still pretty satisfied with it. Honestly, I'm not even sure what to say. I think the largest issues I have the series are Mario not having much of a role and Sanetoshi not really being presented that well (he was kind of a not as interesting version of Akio from Utena to me) Select text to reveal spoiler
To use: [spoiler]Hide spoilers[/spoiler]

Profile image
ofx360 posted 4 years ago

I think it is a good thing i didn't have Utena as a comparison the whole while i was watching.

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by ofx360 Jump to post

I think it is a good thing i didn't have Utena as a comparison the whole while i was watching.

Well, don't get me wrong, Penguindrum is a pretty solid series on it's own really and has a few merits over Utena as well. For one I think Penguindrum has better pacing with nearly every episode advancing the plot or adding to characterization in some way. But, then again the "filler" Nanami episodes in Utena were probably some of the most randomly funny episodes I've seen in anime and did foreshadow certain future developments at times.

I think it's not all that fair to compare these two series. But, at the same time, when you like something as much as I do Utena, which is up there with Evangelion and LoGH as my favorite series, it's hard to surpass that.

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by insan3soldiern Jump to post

Well, don't get me wrong, Penguindrum is a pretty solid series on it's own really and has a few merits over Utena as well. For one I think Penguindrum has better pacing with nearly every episode advancing the plot or adding to characterization in some way. But, then again the "filler" Nanami episodes in Utena were probably some of the most randomly funny episodes I've seen in anime and did foreshadow certain future developments at times.

I think it's not all that fair to compare these two series. But, at the same time, when you like something as much as I do Utena, which is up there with Evangelion and LoGH as my favorite series, it's hard to surpass that.

Elephants surfing cannot be topped!

Profile image
Quote:

I need to see a gif of this right now.

Profile image
Quote:

i wish i could find a gif!

Quote:

You need to watch the series, is what you need to do.

He's right!

Profile image
Quote:

I love Ikuhara's humor. What can I say?

Quote:

Profile image
Quote:

i wish i could find a gif!

He's right!

Quote:

touche.

Profile image

Just watched ep 8 of BTOOOM! great episode but really dialog and more dialog didn't really advance the story any but gave us a lot of info about events that happened before. Im not sure if I'll watch ep 9 tonight but chances are if I get done with my review I might.

Im going to rewatch .hack// Sign + 2 OVAs at work. I don't know if I will watch the OVAs first then the series or not. Im not even sure if I can watch the full thing at work. 12 hours = about 24 episodes and .hack//Sign is 25 episodes and then theres 3 OVAs not sure if they take place in Sign's story or not.

Profile image
TheFlowerWeSawThatDay posted 4 years ago
Quote:

That was pretty a-moosing.

How far did you get on Utena in the end?

Profile image
Quote:

The more I hear about this series the more Im dreading watching it. Seems like the writers where on acid when writing it.

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by TheFlowerWeSawThatDay Jump to post

That was pretty a-moosing.

How far did you get on Utena in the end?

I'm pretty much at the same spot...so like ep24 or so

No promises, but i'm thinking of killing a few shows during Christmas break. Utena is top of the list.

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by grishrak Jump to post

The more I hear about this series the more Im dreading watching it. Seems like the writers where on acid when writing it.

Haha, i guarantee you'll hate it!

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by grishrak Jump to post

You really shouldn't even bother.

Profile image
Bobbypick posted 4 years ago

Well, after it wasn't out last night and I was out all of today it is time to commence Battle Tendency. Kanpai!

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by Bobbypick Jump to post

Well, after it wasn't out last night and I was out all of today it is time to commence Battle Tendency. Kanpai!

About f@cking time, I say. I've been waiting all damn day.

Edit: You read any of the manga?

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top