Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

Official Anime Thread | OT

General Discussion - Started 8 years ago by Vizion - 33655 posts - 1 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 400 600 800 1000 1198 pages

Profile image
grishrak posted 5 years ago

Okay got a ton of new series and latest episodes. I think if its in the second season this season Im not even going to bother watching it.

Profile image

Damn *expletive deleted* hit the fan in C3's 3rd episode. I hope its not the end of Mummy Maker (episode 4) I actually liked her character. She must come back and join Fear and her friends. You can't introduce her in episode 3 and kill her off in episode 4 YOU CAN"T.

I hated the end of episode 4 though,

"I'll do it because I want too. *holds up cube about to release an attack* You all forgot something important" 
*episodes ends *

Now that Ive taken a nap, going to watch Persona episode 4 and everything on my PSP that I haven't seen yet including Deadman Wonderland's OVA

Profile image
ofx360 posted 5 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by RangerD11 Jump to post

Gaiz, Wiggy dropped Puella Magi Madoka Magica already. Tell him to finish it >:l. 

Wiggy is a loser.... How many eps in did he get

Profile image

I want C3's next episode now

I agree with the subtitles, this is why I normally wait for a series to finish airing no real cliff hangers! It ends when I feel Fear about to really let loose a unforgetable attack. Something a lot better then Man Perforator, which is really a drill

But I have a feeling that if Gloomy isn't watching it he would love "Miss Cow Tits" shes alot like the character in Ben-To, I remember him saying he likes characters like her

Profile image
Gloomy_sunday posted 5 years ago

http://i.imgur.com/yMFyX.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/gUksm.png

the apple was delicious!!!

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by Gloomy_sunday Jump to post

the apple was delicious!!!

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Gloomy is a shinigami

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by grishrak Jump to post

But I have a feeling that if Gloomy isn't watching it he would love "Miss Cow Tits" shes alot like the character in Ben-To, I remember him saying he likes characters like her

im watching it

Quote:

AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Gloomy is a shinigami

<insert grell image>

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by wiggy Jump to post

Cool

I dropped it at episode 4, I'll finish it another time. I just found something else to watch instead

You should have been glued by ep3....whats happening here? What could have possibly taken you away from Madoka!?

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by wiggy Jump to post

http://myanimelist.net/anime/6895/Hakuouki

It's just better then Madoka.

*waits for rage*

nope.

Hakuouki - 7.59

Madoka - 8.78

Madoka is more than a point better >:D

Profile image
insan3soldiern posted 5 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by ofx360 Jump to post

nope.

Hakuouki - 7.59

Madoka - 8.78

Madoka is more than a point better >:D

Your comment goes out the window when you try to go by MAL's ratings. All it is is a glorified popularity contest on there.

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by insan3soldiern Jump to post

Your comment goes out the window when you try to go by MAL's ratings. All it is is a glorified popularity contest on there.

Its the same everywhere! ANN....and whatever other anime site there is :P

Though, how is it a popularity contest? (actual question)

Profile image
Hius posted 5 years ago

Started watching boku wa tomodachi ga sukunai. Lol'd hard at it.

Profile image
Hius posted 5 years ago

It's kind of sad that you just know none of them are gonna make it.

Profile image
Quote:

Its the same everywhere! ANN....and whatever other anime site there is :P

Though, how is it a popularity contest? (actual question)

More people have seen it, so naturally it's going to have a higher rating than Hakuouki. Of course, this can go both ways. But, still, going by ratings when you haven't even seen the show is a very flawed perspective from my experience. Yes, I know that the ratings are there for a reason.

But, when people rate a series high because "it made me cry" (as in Clannad, which I personally loved. I just thought of it as a great example) and rate something low when it's "boring" (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)....how the hell can I take their ratings seriously? Not that everyone is like that, though.

Profile image

http://www.wagnaria.com/special/charatrailer05.html

a grown man with fang? not sure if that could sell.

Profile image
Quote:

More people have seen it, so naturally it's going to have a higher rating than Hakuouki. Of course, this can go both ways. But, still, going by ratings when you haven't even seen the show is a very flawed perspective from my experience. Yes, I know that the ratings are there for a reason.

But, when people rate a series high because "it made me cry" (as in Clannad, which I personally loved. I just thought of it as a great example) and rate something low when it's "boring" (Legend of the Galactic Heroes)....how the hell can I take their ratings seriously? Not that everyone is like that, though.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes currently has a 9.10 on MAL, so even though it's boring, the majority love it.

I would say that its less of a popularity contest, and more of a general consensus. Of course, the bigger the sample, the better the idea of how people feel about the show, but usually you'll see ratings dance around the same rating (give or take .25 of a poitn) after the show ends. So unless a show has only been seen by like 30, i think you have a good idea of who people generally feel about the show.

Profile image
Quote:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes currently has a 9.10 on MAL, so even though it's boring, the majority love it.

I would say that its less of a popularity contest, and more of a general consensus. Of course, the bigger the sample, the better the idea of how people feel about the show, but usually you'll see ratings dance around the same rating (give or take .25 of a poitn) after the show ends. So unless a show has only been seen by like 30, i think you have a good idea of who people generally feel about the show.

I disagree, I mean I know where you are coming from but I prefer to see for myself instead of trusting a bunch of strangers to tell me, merely by a number, what series is "good" or "bad". If you let the rating scare you off, you may miss somethng YOU could really enjoy.

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by Hius Jump to post

It's kind of sad that you just know none of them are gonna make it.

nanoha or rika (voiced by the same actor too) tough choice there! X_x

azusa from K-ON took 2010, thats sooo lame.

Profile image
VelaNoon posted 5 years ago
Quote:

<insert grell image>

That was the only entertainment I got out of Kuroshitsuji. Bunch o fancervice for 14 year old girls...

Profile image
Quote:

I disagree, I mean I know where you are coming from but I prefer to see for myself instead of trusting a bunch of strangers to tell me, merely by a number, what series is "good" or "bad". If you let the rating scare you off, you may miss somethng YOU could really enjoy.

Which is true for anything because you may not agree with the general concessus, i just don't think it should be considered a "popularity contest"

Profile image
Quote:

Which is true for anything because you may not agree with the general concessus, i just don't think it should be considered a "popularity contest"

Yeah, I'll concede that. It was definitely the wrong choice of words.

Profile image

My watching list for today and tomorrow (no order other then Persona 4 episode 4 first) This is so far all the series I found for download. I'll update as I watch to what Im going to watch and what I drop.

*Boku wa Tomodachi Ga Sukunai OVA episodes 2 and 3, already seen the first episode, it sucked
*Busou Shinki Moon Angel episode 1 intrested in this series TBH
*Chibi Devil episodes 1 and 2, not really into the style but its 5 mins an episode so I can check it out
*Chihayafuru episodes 1 to 3
*Guilty Crown  episode 2, still not sold on it, watched the first episode, eh
*Kaichu episode 1
*Kimi to Boku episodes 1 to 3 not a fan of the art style
*Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon episodes 1 to 3
*Last Exile episodes 1 and 2, eh not holding any promises
*Maken-Ki episodes 1 to 3, I know Im going to lovve this series
*Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls! episodes 2 to 4, first episode was odd to say the least and didn't tell me *expletive deleted*
*Mashiro-iro Symphony episodes 1 to 3
*Mirai Nikki episodes 1 to 3, not holding any promises
Tamayura ~hitotose~ episodes 1 to 3, chances are I'll drop it seems stupid
 Un-Go episodes 1 and 2

Might drop
Bakuman 2 episode 1 to 4 might drop cause I didn't watch the first season

Morita-san Wa Mukuchi 2, its season 2 and I didn't watch the first season and its 3 mins an episode. I feel like Im not missing anything by watching or not watching this series. 

Shakugan no Shana III Final, 3rd and last season and I haven't seen ANY of them yet. But I might watch 3 episodes then watch the other seasons between episodes.

Shinryaku!? Ika Musume didn't watch the first season

Working'!! didn't watch the first season but I might watch the pre-air episode. If I like it catch up to the second season and watch episode of the first season between episodes

Droped

Ben-To, 2 episodes didn't laugh at all and didn't see any way it could be saved

Fate/Zero bored me to death and back just to kill me with boredom yet again. I gave it 4 shots andnot a single *expletive deleted* was given in any of them.

Not Watching

Digimon Xros Wars 2 I don't even like Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh so I know I won't like this

Hunter x Hunter I didn't even like the original so a remake is a flat out NO!

Mobile Suit Gundam Age I hate Gundam period other then DW Gundam games. I have never watched a Gundam series that I liked. 

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by VelaNoon Jump to post

That was the only entertainment I got out of Kuroshitsuji. Bunch o fancervice for 14 year old girls...

grell is considered fan service to me =C

Quote:

*Maken-Ki episodes 1 to 3, I know Im going to lovve this series

i knew you had a soft spot some where

Profile image
Quote:

i knew you had a soft spot some where

Well I haven't watched it yet, I only have a soft spot for slice of life-school life-comedy-romance series like School Rumble. That was perfect, no story from episode to episode like Persona 4 but you still got a full story and able to keep track of the love angles.

Profile image
Quote:

Well I haven't watched it yet, I only have a soft spot for slice of life-school life-comedy-romance series like School Rumble. That was perfect, no story from episode to episode like Persona 4 but you still got a full story and able to keep track of the love angles.

i cant get enough of slice of life shows

2nd is magical girl

3rd is mecha

if all 3 combined in a show i think im gonna scream

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top