Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

Official Anime Thread | OT

General Discussion - Started 8 years ago by Vizion - 33721 posts - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 200 400 600 800 1000 1200 1201 pages

Profile image
Seraph posted 8 years ago

A lot (anime and manga), Gundam Wing, Gundam 00, Bleach, Naruto, DeathNote, Samurai Champloo, Saiyuki, Persona Trinity, Azumanga Diaoh, Escaflowne, Haibane Renmi,...that's what I remember at the moment. Undecided

Profile image
Viper7 posted 8 years ago

I do, altho mainly fansubs since not many good ones relased in Finland yet. (and imports cost like 30€ for 3 episodes so..)

Faivorite ones are probably:

- Rurouni Kenshin (serie(except filler I recommend skipping(expect 1st filler story which is actualy rather good) them you dont miss anything) and ovas.

- XXXHolic (just love the mystic theme it carries.)

- Code Geas (really good plot currently on 2nd season)

- Full metal panic fummofu (I have never laughed so much)

- Death Note (interesting good except for the ending which left me with a bit empty feeling)

- SchoolRumble (funny as hell)

- Seto no Hanayome (as good as SchoolRumble, altho goes a bit overboard in some chases and with the screaming. It will make you laugh)

Profile image
Venomous posted 8 years ago

I watched a lot of anime and lately i only watch Naruto ( non dubed version ) and Bleech. Favorites include Dragon Balls, Full metal panic fummofu, Death Note, Van Helsing...Oh DMC anime is good too :D

Profile image
Mangajunkie posted 8 years ago

here's a few

Ninga Scroll

Vampire Hunter D ' Blood Lust'

Ergo Proxy

Samarai Champloo,Afro Samarai, Blasseiter, FF advent children,wonderful days, spriggan,Blood,Vexille...

Profile image
Ginose posted 8 years ago

Oh, shi-- we should list anime movies a well? Hell, in that case: "Ninja Scroll", "Doomed Megalopolis", both of the "Vampire Hunter D" films (and the books are fantastic, too), "Guyver: Out of Control", "Adun" (twas the finale for "Devil Man") and a few of the "Dragonball Z" movies ("Dead Zone", "World's Strongest", "Tree of  Life", etc.)... well, now that I think about it, I did enjoy the original two "Dragonball" series and the original "Devil Man" OVA... ooooo... and that three-part"Violence Jack" OVA was a great find... yeah... and there was that one movie, "Perfect Blue", now that was a suprisingly good thriller. "Fist of the North Star" and "Crying Freeman" were both great action series, as well... geez... these things just keep coming to me... oh, yeah, the first "Ghost in the Shell" was bad-ass... so was "AKIRA" (though the mangas were better for plot, still found the movie more exciting... I'm such a cyber-punk junkie  :D)

Profile image
unstablefears posted 8 years ago

Princess Mononoke was an epic movie.

Profile image
Ginose posted 8 years ago

Well, so is just about anything form Miyazaki. The man makes beautiful animated movies.

Profile image
Paranoimia posted 8 years ago

The only one I ever watched was Battle of the Planets . When I was a kid, I never missed it!

Profile image
igoturmeatsandwitch posted 8 years ago

ghost in the shell , afro samurai , akira, princess mononoke, steam boy, castle in the sky, blood, ninja scroll, spirit away(love this one)

this are the few of my favorites that I have

Profile image
CA36GTP posted 8 years ago

My ex persuaded me to watch some anime shows a while back. Trigun, Kenshin, and Full Metal Alchemist were good, though I don't think I'll ever be a hardcore anime fan. Stuff like Excel Saga made my head hurt.

Profile image
Vizion posted 8 years ago

im surprised no one said pokemon! haha no need to be ashamed...i like pokemon and i still play the game on the DS hahaha.

Profile image
MysticZombie posted 8 years ago

I've just started playing Diamond on the DS too. I've always found the games fun, if rather sameish. Embarassed

I can't stand the anime though Yell

Profile image
Vizion posted 8 years ago

that is true..anime is blah but the game is fun. I remember red and blue back in the day....it was great getting 99 rare candies haha.

Profile image
Guitarrasdeamor posted 8 years ago

Honestly, and not trying to troll.....what is so great about Anime?

Profile image
Solution posted 8 years ago

Whats the difference between manga and Anime ? may sound like a stupid question lol

Profile image
Seraph posted 8 years ago

Manga is like Japanese comics, while anime can be a TV series or a movie, hope that helps. Undecided

Profile image
Solution posted 8 years ago

I see thanks Laughing

Profile image
WuTangBlade posted 8 years ago

Anime is beyond great for many reasons, some of mine are that it's style of art is truly awesome and unique, the character designs are simply outstanding!! It's colourful worlds where you can just let your imagination run as much as you want, the stuff you dream about happening.

Also, It's just like any other TV Show/Film only... Better! They can script the anime anyway they want, design the characters to fit their roles however they want, it's the ultimate form of creating something to watch! I don't see what isn't impressive about anime. A lot of anime that I really enjoy is the more in depth stuff which has psychological elements to it, really not for the child audience but more so for those that want a mind provoking experience. :)

Atm, I'm watching: Bleach Death Note Code Geass Elfen Lied Samurai Champloo Gohst in the Shell: SAC They make films which no humans could ever act out!!!!! Duh! Nothing to better to watch when your stoned out your mind...

Profile image
MysticZombie posted 8 years ago

SlaMori
Whats the difference between manga and Anime ? may sound like a stupid question lol

It's not stupid, I think a lot of the confusion around anime and manga stems from the company Manga Entertainment who distribute anime in the US and Europe. Very poorly I might add.

Profile image
Fox posted 8 years ago

I sure enough do

Profile image
wanzerpilot09 posted 8 years ago

Berserk is my favorite.  Then comes Elfen Lied, Claymore, Gantz, Ninja Scroll, Ghost in the Shell, Robotech, etc. lol

Profile image
Mangajunkie posted 8 years ago

OMGIlove Claymore& Gantz (the manga anywayz)

and I cant believe forgot to add ghost in the shell the series & the movies r awesomeness 

Profile image
Komapsunida posted 8 years ago

...ME!... occasionally at least, I like Haibane Renmei, Death Note, Ghibli, Azumanga Daioh and The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya... and I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE NARUTO!

At least I do now! I used to love it until I saw every other fat little fanboy in cat ears running about praising it to the skies. Yes.  I'm a scenester who only likes stuff that hasn't hit Western TV and won the hearts of fat children >_>

Profile image
unstablefears posted 8 years ago

Let the hate of Naruto flow.  The less Naruto, the better off we all are.

Profile image
Jaded posted 8 years ago

Agreed! Smile

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top