Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

Official Anime Thread | OT

General Discussion - Started 8 years ago by Vizion - 33675 posts - 1 200 400 600 800 1000 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 pages

Profile image
Shana posted 1 month ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Jay_Cash Jump to post

Finally got around to watching some more stuff. Finished Psycho-Pass 2 and also watched the movie over the last couple of days. I liked the second season more than I thought I would and the movie was great too. Really look forward to seeing more from the series assuming there is more to come.

I finished all of them too. I'm thinking of playing Mandatory Happiness sometime. 

Profile image
dreaminstereo posted 1 month ago

If there's one good thing I've got from watching anime lately, it's ideas for delicious recipes. I've been watching Sweetness and Lightning and have tried my hand at loads of stuff in the show. I'm also planning on having a gyoza making party like they do because it looked like tons of fun, haha.

Profile image
Jay_Cash posted 1 month ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Shana Jump to post

I finished all of them too. I'm thinking of playing Mandatory Happiness sometime. 

That's what got me into the anime in the first place. Dunno if I would have enjoyed it as much after watching the anime, but I'd still think it's worth playing.

Profile image

Watched through Danganronpa, the first one. I think it did pretty well in condensing the story from the game which I really enjoyed. Not sure how lost I would have been or how much into it I would have been if I hadn't played the game, but I enjoyed watching it nonetheless. Need to watch the third volume or whatever it's called since they won't be making the next game over it, which kind of sucks. It's also too bad the second game doesn't have a show but I would have much rather had the final one as a game only instead of an anime only. Not sure  why the next game has to switch gears entirely but I hope at the least it still ties in with the overall story and hopefully in some way involves or mentions some of the same characters.

Profile image
sarroush posted 1 month ago
Quote:

Watched through Danganronpa, the first one. I think it did pretty well in condensing the story from the game which I really enjoyed. Not sure how lost I would have been or how much into it I would have been if I hadn't played the game, but I enjoyed watching it nonetheless. Need to watch the third volume or whatever it's called since they won't be making the next game over it, which kind of sucks. It's also too bad the second game doesn't have a show but I would have much rather had the final one as a game only instead of an anime only. Not sure  why the next game has to switch gears entirely but I hope at the least it still ties in with the overall story and hopefully in some way involves or mentions some of the same characters.

The second one has a prequel at least. You should alternate watching Future and Despair for the best experience.

Profile image
Kakia posted 1 month ago

Dragon Ball Super Ep.76 - Not sure what to make of this episode.

March Comes In Like A Lion Ep.15 - Looks like some really tough matches happening.

Sousei no Onmyouji Ep.42 - Quite a transformation Rokuro has.

Fuuka Ep.5 - New band member.

All Out Ep.17 - Pretty good plan to get the team to blow off some steam that way.

Masamune-kun no Revenge Ep.4-5 - New girl is introduced.

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Ep.4 - Hope the group gets over things soon.

Kuzu no Honkai Ep.4 - Well those were some unexpected happenings, looks like the girl teacher is something of a sociopath.

Spiritpact Ep.4 - Can't tell if this show is going to be bromance or BL show yet.

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by sarroush Jump to post

The second one has a prequel at least. You should alternate watching Future and Despair for the best experience.

Hmm, now I'm confused. I didn't realize there were 2 different versions Danganronpa 3. Are they just different sides of the same story or does one follow the other?

Profile image
Kakia posted 1 month ago
Quote:

Hmm, now I'm confused. I didn't realize there were 2 different versions Danganronpa 3. Are they just different sides of the same story or does one follow the other?

If I'm remembering right Despair arc happens a few years before Future arc. I actually didn't know that at the time and did watched Future episode 1 first and then watched Despair episode 1, and so on and so forth and it worked out well watching both arcs at the same time as there were things (where I didn't play the game/s) that I wouldn't have caught if I had just been watching the Future arc by itself.

Profile image
sarroush posted 1 month ago
Quote:

This takes place after the first game, this takes place before the first and second games (it's a prequel to the whole thing basically), and this takes place after both Danganronpa 3 anime.

You should be alternating Future and Despair because things go into each from the other's last episode. I.E character backgrounds and stuff.

Profile image
Kakia posted 1 month ago

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitenshabu Ep.4-5 - A million yen for a bicycle is a ridiculous amount price.

Little Witch Academia Ep.4 - Yeah I know of that kind of book craze well.

eIDLIVE Ep.4 - Finally we learn of what happened to those kids from the previous episodes flashbacks, doubt that's all there is to the story though.

Youjo Senki Ep.4-5 - Surprised that no one died from the training. Also loved Tanya's voice when she gave the warning to that town, there was no way anyone would have taken that threat seriously.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai Ep.4-5 - Hikari's the best character in the show so far.

Profile image
Kakia posted 1 month ago

Dragon Ball Super Ep.77 - Took long enough for Bulma to have another kid, Trunks is what? 8 or something now?

Long Riders Ep.11 - Finally this show is airing again with one episode to go. Don't think I'd like to ride in the dark.

Gabriel Dropout Ep.4 - Gabriel really did have a drastically changed attitude from the first part of episode 1.

KonoSuba S2 Ep.4 - Wow does Darkness look different without her armor.

Superlovers S2 Ep.4 - Can't remember Ren crying before.

Fuuka Ep.6 - Some background information about Tama and the rest of the episode appeared to be filler.

Profile image
Shana posted 1 month ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Kakia Jump to post

Dragon Ball Super Ep.77 - Took long enough for Bulma to have another kid, Trunks is what? 8 or something now?

I'd say somewhere between 8 to 9. 

Profile image
Kakia posted 1 month ago
Quote:

I'd say somewhere between 8 to 9. 

That's what I was thinking but you can never tell ages with anime.

Long Riders - Finished. Other then the super long wait for the final episodes and a few other episode delays the show was quite enjoyable and I'd watch the second season if it ever happens. 7/10.

Chain Chronicles Ep.4-5 - The furball is cute.

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Ep.5 - Looking forward to the next episode.

March Comes In Like A Lion Ep.16 - Didn't think Rei would be so competetive outside of Shogi.

eIDLIVE Ep.5 - Can't see the charges actually sticking but we'll see.

Gabriel Dropout Ep.5 - Didn't really care for this episode.

Profile image
Kakia posted 1 month ago

Sousei no Onmyouji Ep.43 - Didn't know Basara's could potentially live that long.

Little Witch Academia Ep.5 - Diana still annoys me but she is useful.

Spiritpact Ep.5 - Looks like a pretty cushy lifestyle compared to what he used to live in.

All Out Ep.18 - The other team doesn't seem to have much respect going for their members.

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitenshabu Ep.6 - I like the new bike uniforms.

Kuzu no Honkai Ep.5 - I wonder if the two teachers really did hook up or if she's lying.

Fuuka Ep.7 - That was a really direct and public confession.

Profile image
Kakia posted 1 month ago

KonoSuba S2 Ep.5 - That was actually a really incredible reward for that quest.

Superlovers S2 Ep.5 - Looks like the cousin's going to be sticking around.

Masamune-kun no Revenge Ep.6 - Can't believe he stole her line like that.

Dragon Ball Super Ep.78 - Gotta wonder how strong Buu is now its been awhile since he fought seriously after all.

Youjo Senki Ep.6 - This has turned out to be one of my favorite shows this season although I'm not really sure how things are going to end.

elDLIVE Ep.6 - New guy is creepy.

Profile image
Shana posted 1 month ago
Quote:

Dragon Ball Super Ep.78 - Gotta wonder how strong Buu is now its been awhile since he fought seriously after all.

He was able to tank SSJ3 Goku's attacks, but that was before he split with his evil part. Not sure if he got weaker when he was removed. If that's the case, it's like Vegeta losing his Majin powers.

But I'm actually looking forward to seeing #17 again. 

Profile image
Kakia posted 1 month ago
Quote:

But I'm actually looking forward to seeing #17 again. 

I don't really remember much about #17 anymore.

March Comes In Like A Lion Ep.17 - And Rei's still being wimpy when it comes to his sister.

Gabriel Dropout Ep.6 - Gabriel looked so cute in that cat costume.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai Ep.6 - Himari and Hikari are really close considering how different their personalities are.

Sousei no Onmyouji Ep.44 - I can't see Rokuro managing to ever defeat Yuuto.

Little Witch Academia Ep.6 - I wonder why Akko can't use magic very well?

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Ep.6 - This season or whatever you want to call it is pretty bleak so far.

Profile image
Shana posted 1 month ago
Quote:

I don't really remember much about #17 anymore.

His last appearence was when he got some farmers to raise their hands for the spirit bomb, so Goku can finish off Kid Buu. 

Profile image
Kakia posted 1 month ago
Quote:

His last appearence was when he got some farmers to raise their hands for the spirit bomb, so Goku can finish off Kid Buu. 

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about that it was such a long time ago between the shows.

Superlovers S2 Ep.6 - Beach episode. Its strange that Ren can't swim considering how often he was in the rivers in the first season of the show.

All Out Ep.19 - Jinko team is doing really well this time.

Spiritpact Ep.6 - Did he get possessed by the sword? 

Chain Chronicles Ep.6 - Wow some really good and unexpected plot twists happening, can't wait to see what happens next.

Youjo Senki Ep.6.5 - A totally unnecessary episode recap.

Fuuka Ep.8 - Finally a proper concert, for an anime with music as a main feature there's been very little of it so far.

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitenshabu Ep.7 - I still think riding at night looks interesting.

KonoSuba S2 Ep.6 - That was hilarious what Megumin wrote on Kasuma's stomach.

Kuzu no Honkai Ep.6 - The relationships have gone crazy, also confirmed that the teachers did sleep together for real.

Profile image
Kakia posted 1 month ago

Dragon Ball Super Ep.79 - Buu's still a decent fighter, can't see Gohan winning the next match.

Masamune-kun no Revenge Ep.7 - The test of courage freakout was hilarious.

Spiritpact Ep.7 - Gotta wonder if the transformation will make any difference, if nothing else he looks a lot more capable a fighter now.

March Comes In Like A Lion Ep.18 - Can't say that I'm surprised by the tutor guy's match results.

Gabriel Dropout Ep.7 - I really wonder how Vigne managed to survive in Hell if she's so angel-like.

Blue Exorcist: Kyoto Fujouou-hen Ep.7 - Finally looks like the big fight's coming up.

Profile image
Shana posted 1 month ago
Quote:

Dragon Ball Super Ep.79 - Buu's still a decent fighter, can't see Gohan winning the next match.

Buu doesen't have to train and he's still strong. As for Gohan, becoming a scholar actually weakened him. I wish he had that power when he got his power untapped by the old kai. 

Profile image
Kakia posted 1 month ago
Quote:

Buu doesen't have to train and he's still strong. As for Gohan, becoming a scholar actually weakened him. I wish he had that power when he got his power untapped by the old kai. 

Agreed but maybe he'll surprise us and will turn out to be stronger then we expected. Or maybe Pan will show up and save him lol.

eIDLIVE Ep.7 - Chuuta got hurt pretty badly, I'm surprised that his alien buddy didn't automatically suggest a healing move.

Demi-chan wa Kataritai Ep.7 - Kurtz is weird.

Sousei no Onmyouji Ep.45 - Should be only 5 episodes left to this show, I wonder if they'll be prolonged fighting episodes.

Little Witch Academia Ep.7 - Ursula really gets treated badly by the other teachers, I wonder why she tolerates it?

Chain Chronicles Ep.7 - Well that didn't take long for the group to split up.

Profile image
Shana posted 1 month ago
Quote:

Agreed but maybe he'll surprise us and will turn out to be stronger then we expected. Or maybe Pan will show up and save him lol.

That would be cool. It's already insulting when she can beat Goten in the time skip, but more insulting if she's able to save her own dad. 

Profile image
Kakia posted 1 month ago
Quote:

That would be cool. It's already insulting when she can beat Goten in the time skip, but more insulting if she's able to save her own dad. 

It would be impressive especially where she'd need quite a bit of power to get to the tournament in the first place.

All Out Ep.20 - Finally at 20 episodes in the team gets their very first win.

Superlovers S2 Ep.7 - Things are getting a bit dull with all the back and forth pacing.

Kuzu no Honkai Ep.7 - I feel bad for Moca but at the moment she's probably the most emotionally mature person in this show.

Minami Kamakura Koukou Joshi Jitenshabu Ep.8 - I wonder why only one person got a bike when it was a team sport?

Fuuka Ep.9 - Finally the relationship with Tama is perfect I hope they don't mess it up and try to force a romantic relationship with the main character and Fuuka.

Profile image
dreaminstereo posted 4 weeks ago

I started watching Flying Witch this weekend and I'm really enjoying it! I like the deadpan humour in it, and the harbinger of spring is adorable.

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top