Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

Farewell, Playfire

General Discussion - Started 3 weeks ago by __Stark__ - 80 posts - 1 2 3 4 pages

Profile image
__Stark__ posted 3 weeks ago

In March we launched the first set of Green Man Gaming community tools to the public for the first time.

These tools were introduced to be the beginning of a worthy "sequel" to the Playfire community system we all know and love. The new community platform already includes full player profiles, commenting throughout the site, comment buzz, private messaging and extensive game stats but this is merely the first step.

Over the coming months we will continually improve the tools we have within Green Man Gaming so that it can truly become your online gaming home base. As well as rewards for getting involved in the community, we will be developing tutorials and guides for everything gaming related from selecting the right mouse to setting up a YouTube channel. You'll be able to receive notifications from Green Man Gaming whenever the must-have game on your wishlist hits the sales, earn badges from your exploits, comment on the profiles of your friends and work towards a variety of team objectives.

The good news is that this initial launch has gone very smoothly, and we are happy with how they're performing. The bad news is that the means it is time to say a fond farewell to Playfire, and as such will be closing the old site permanently very soon.

Closing Playfire was not an easy decision to make but we want to make sure that Playfire gamers have the gaming home they deserve in the future. That means moving to a new platform that we can continually develop to bring you the kinds of features we simply could not add previously.

If you are a Playfire veteran you will receive an exclusive Veteran badge on Green Man Gaming and the Playfire profile theme when badges and themes are introduced later this year. You have been a part of an extraordinary gamer community and we want to reflect that as you join us in paving the way to the what we hope will be the best gamer community online.

Profile image
Profile image
EmoKitten4 posted 3 weeks ago

Well.....was having a good day now i'm depressed.

EDIT: What is the link to his "new" platform. I honestly ignored it to this point.

Profile image
__Stark__ posted 3 weeks ago

Here's the link to the new site: 

https://www.greenmangaming.com/community/

Profile image
Profile image
Archangel470 posted 3 weeks ago

:(

Farewell, Playfire.... 

Profile image
dragon_blade posted 3 weeks ago

rest well sweet prince :'(   make me mod first so i can mass ban everyone please  ;) 

Profile image
FemmeFox posted 3 weeks ago

I have returned just for the moment to pay my respects. Sleep well Playfire. Though you have long been lost, I will always remember you for your best times. Love FemmeFox: 2009-2013

Profile image
ADay posted 3 weeks ago

It's been real, everyone! I feel honored to see this website and community grow, change and develop from beginning to end. I've made many, many....many friends on this website. Some of which I haven't talked to in years, and many that I still am able to keep in touch with on Facebook. I have witnessed people coming and going, the faces of the community changing and the site changing with it. Even with a completely different cast of friends, the attitude and sense of family here has stayed the same year in and year out.

I will never forget this site. I won't ever forget that the people here helped me through bad moments in my life and carried me from the age of 17 to the ripe old age of 25.

I also want to thank Playfire (and the community too!) for giving me the chance to join the moderator team. There may have been stressful times in the past, but my time as a mod contains some of the best moments that I have experienced with an online community.

I'll be over on the GMG Community site if ya'll need me! If you have me on Facebook, PSN, XBL, any other social media. Hell, if you find me on Pinterest, feel free to hit me up any time.

I'll see you on the other side, one way or another!

PS: If you are still here listening and you remember who Sinecure is, we made it. Smile

PPS: There have to be emojis here that I haven't gotten around to actually using CoolCryEmbarassedFoot in mouthFrownInnocentKissLaughingMoney mouthSealedSmileSurprisedTongue outUndecidedWinkYellMarioMario blockMario mushroomMario shellPokeballBulbasaurCharmanderSquirtleFinn the HumanJake the DogSNES padCake so there!

Profile image
dreaminstereo posted 3 weeks ago

2008 seems like such a long time ago... 

Playfire, it's been great. I've had so much fun on here throughout the years. I've probably played a lot less games thanks to this site than I would have done otherwise :p but I've met some awesome people, and made some amazing friends. Hope to see a few of you on the GMG community :) 

Profile image
BioMegaBearWerePhoenix posted 3 weeks ago

So how do i transfer my playfire account to gmg?

Profile image
Jahman posted 3 weeks ago
Quote:

Originally posted by BioMegaBearWerePhoenix Jump to post

So how do i transfer my playfire account to gmg?

Since both sites use the cross-login mechanism as far as I can tell just logging in on the Green Man Gaming site using the exact same e-mail and password You use on Playfire should be enough. :)

Profile image
0koko0 posted 3 weeks ago

but can i still get free gmg credit by playing games on the new community thingy?

Profile image
No1V1CT1M posted 3 weeks ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Jahman Jump to post

Since both sites use the cross-login mechanism as far as I can tell just logging in on the Green Man Gaming site using the exact same e-mail and password You use on Playfire should be enough. :)

Cool.  but how do I get my xbox games and playstation games listed over thar?   only my steam ones are atm.

Profile image
TheNerdyGuitarist posted 3 weeks ago

NOOOOO! Cry 

Profile image
Jahman posted 3 weeks ago
Quote:

Originally posted by No1V1CT1M Jump to post

Cool.  but how do I get my xbox games and playstation games listed over thar?   only my steam ones are atm.

Unfortunately only Steam tracking is available on the Community at the moment but as far as I can tell the console tracking is being worked on and there's already an Xbox login mechanism in the mobile app. To quote the official FAQ in the other thread:

Quote:

Originally posted by SunRay Jump to post

6. "What other features do you have planned for the community and when will they be added?"

After launch, we will be adding various features to the community including:

(...)

· Console gameplay data

(...)

Profile image
Awsomonium posted 3 weeks ago

I knew it was gonna happen, but I also was hoping it would just keep getting pushed back. I feeling a lot more emotional about this then I thought I would.

Profile image
dragon_blade posted 3 weeks ago

Question is who's going to buy the domain when it's up for sale ;) 

Profile image
Profile image
Awsomonium posted 3 weeks ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Blaze33405 Jump to post

That is a perfect picture for it.

Quote:

Originally posted by dragon_blade Jump to post

Question is who's going to buy the domain when it's up for sale ;) 

Good point actually. Maybe someone will rebuild it? Hopefully? Anyone? Cry

Profile image
GaijinD posted 3 weeks ago

Kind of disappointed. I thought we were getting more feature parity before PF would be closed. GMG still doesn't have proper forums or PF's full game database, unless you guys have been hiding them somewhere.

Profile image
Vivalafred posted 3 weeks ago

It was a pleasure to be part of the Playfire family. I remember looking for a gaming community and found a few but not quite like this one. I made this site my home, a home where I expressed my love for video games and pop culture and sometimes tech. Not sure if GMG will be anything like this, but only time will tell. I wasted more time on PF vs playing games and doing other stuff and I have no regrets. 

Profile image
ShadowOfChaos19 posted 3 weeks ago

Well that sucks.

Profile image
ShadowOfChaos19 posted 3 weeks ago

Well that sucks.

Profile image
Jayman posted 3 weeks ago

This is not good

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top