Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

Behind the Badge: Awsomonium

General Discussion - Started 2 months ago by __Stark__ - 5 posts

Profile image
__Stark__ posted 2 months ago

Today I get behind the badge and interview our moderator down under (sorry): Awsomonium! As you may have already guessed, he's based in Austrailia so you'll probably see him around the evening/morning if you're in the UK like me. But I go to sleep at night glad he's got the community's back!

You were originally a member of Playfire – why did you join Playfire initially?

That was back in July 2008, so I'm not sure if I remember properly. Initially I think I was relatively new to the concept of internet forums. I don't even remember how I found Playfire. But however I did, I'm pretty sure it just looked really cool and it was a community for gamers. At the time I didn't realise how new it was. But then there was the awesome community that hooked me in and so I've been around ever since.

What platform do you usually game on?

These days mostly PS4 and PC.  I have an Xbox One that I used to play on, but it's broken so I can't access the internet on it. I guess technically a mobile too, but I only really play Pokemon Go on that and not very often.

What is your favourite game of all time?

I don't know if I can decide on a favourite, but several come immediately to mind. So here's a few: Destiny, Final Fantasy X, The Last of Us, Kingdom Hearts series, Fallout series, Elder Scrolls series and more recently Horizon Zero Dawn (Seriously, that game is beautiful and it plays amazingly). There's probably others too, but I can't remember at the moment.

What games are you playing online at the moment?

I'm playing a LOT of Destiny at the moment. I love that game. About the only thing I've not done in it is go Flawless in Trials. But I got to 6 wins recently, so there's hope yet.

What other hobbies do you have outside of gaming?

I LOVE to read. Mostly Sci-fi and Fantasy.

What feature of the new community do you enjoy the most?

Definitely the forums/buzz. Are the terms interchangeable? It's where I spent most of the time on Playfire and where the bulk of community interaction is going to happen. So that's where I'll be hanging out most of the time.

What do you think makes our online community great?

Community. Heh, name pun. But seriously, the members are the heart and soul of it. If Playfire is anything to go by, then the reincarnation into Community is going to be pretty awesome aswell.

Profile image
Awsomonium posted 2 months ago

Hey, I'm internet famous guys...sort of. :p

Profile image
Agent_Breadcrum posted 2 months ago

My dude! <3

Profile image
Tidus007 posted 2 months ago

Moar Final Fantasy love, nice to hear. Nice interview, it's always good to hear more about the long standing members.

Profile image
YellowJello posted 3 weeks ago

oh hay thar

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top