Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

Brand New Green Man Gaming Newsroom

General Discussion - Started 5 months ago by Rob36 - 9 posts

Profile image
Rob36 posted 5 months ago

Hi Everyone!

Just thought I would give the community a quick update on all things happening in Green Man Gaming.

Yesterday we launched our brand new Newsroom! It's a bit different from the blog in that we will keep gamers up to date with video game news (covering all platforms) and the latest industry news.

You can check it out here: https://www.greenmangaming.com/newsroom/

The blog will still be active as well. We plan to write more in depth articles about games and more opinion pieces there.

Hope you guys like it and do let us know what you think :)

- Rob 

Profile image
Tidus007 posted 5 months ago

If that means less news article threads and posts cluttering the GMG Community buzz and forums, i'm all for it.

Profile image
random_turnip posted 5 months ago

What is dragon_blade going to do now?

Profile image
dragon_blade posted 5 months ago
Quote:

Originally posted by random_turnip Jump to post

What is dragon_blade going to do now?

Take the news room articals and creat threads from them and claim them as my own.  Cool  Nah i will just have to think of more creative threads. I do have a few ot's kicking around i could create threads like those for upcoming games ect

Profile image
SunRay posted 5 months ago

Let us know what you think of the Newsroom. The team are working really hard on the stories so it would be great to get some feedback. 

Profile image
Jahman posted 5 months ago

I for one really like the idea. The layout of the newsroom is a bit easier to navigate and read than the main blog is plus it's nice to have a clear list of gaming news that is separate from the competition/corporate/opinion pieces - especially since it's possible to generate RSS feeds for both.

As for the articles themselves, to me they're a good read and I like the fact that they are short, precise and "to the point" compared to some other gaming news sites I frequent that like to "bloat" the article by mixing in the author's opinions to the point where it's sometimes hard to find that one paragraph with the actual news or facts. To be honest this is also the same reason I always liked dragon_blade's threads. :P

That being said, I think one of the main factors of how useful the Newsroom's will be is how quickly those news will show up there - after all it's always nice to learn something new but there's not much incentive to read about something that is a few days old and has been reported and discussed to everywhere else already. 

Profile image
dragon_blade posted 5 months ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Jahman Jump to post

I for one really like the idea. The layout of the newsroom is a bit easier to navigate and read than the main blog is plus it's nice to have a clear list of gaming news that is separate from the competition/corporate/opinion pieces - especially since it's possible to generate RSS feeds for both.

As for the articles themselves, to me they're a good read and I like the fact that they are short, precise and "to the point" compared to some other gaming news sites I frequent that like to "bloat" the article by mixing in the author's opinions to the point where it's sometimes hard to find that one paragraph with the actual news or facts. To be honest this is also the same reason I always liked dragon_blade's threads. :P

That being said, I think one of the main factors of how useful the Newsroom's will be is how quickly those news will show up there - after all it's always nice to learn something new but there's not much incentive to read about something that is a few days old and has been reported and discussed to everywhere else already. 

^ other people bring things out quick unless you have people scounting the internet it's going to be pretty tough to get the traffic along with a reliable source.

Profile image
Jahman posted 5 months ago
Quote:

Originally posted by dragon_blade Jump to post

^ other people bring things out quick unless you have people scounting the internet it's going to be pretty tough to get the traffic along with a reliable source.

For what it's worth from my strictly personal point of view, as long as it's just a few hours delay or within the same day then it's mostly fine since it will probably be something I'll read during a short break or if I have a particularly busy time. It's only when the news is, say, a day or two late then it misses the mark for me since odds are I have already found the time to sit down in the evening and read about it somewhere else (and probably in a longer format) in the meantime.

Of course I agree that the more recent the news the more general traffic it will likely bring so "ASAP" would be best.

Profile image
MewZero posted 5 months ago

Really neat, actually. Especially for a store. 

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top