Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

Playfire transition to Community BETA

General Discussion - Started 3 months ago by sariffin - 142 posts - 1 2 3 4 5 6 pages

Profile image
sariffin posted 3 months ago

Hey Everyone, 

We wanted to share an update with you. We are currently transitioning our Playfire community to a new and improved Community forum which will be launched very soon. The reason for this move is to keep up with the new generation of community technology. We have some amazing new features and upgrades coming in, which the old Playfire platform wouldn’t have been able to handle.

In gamer terms, Playfire has gained enough XP and is now levelling up.

The new community is the result of 6 months of work and we really want you to play a part in shaping it. We’re currently working with the mods and our most active Playfire community members to test it out, fix any bugs and get initial feedback.  Once this phase is complete, we will launch the new Community in BETA on the new platform to everyone which means it will be available to over 5 million people in 195 countries. 

Once we have fully transitioned to the new community platform with all the great new tools and features, we will then take the decision to shut down the current Playfire platform… but watch this space!  Naturally the existing Playfire community will of course be given prior notice of this and we hope by then you would have moved on to the new platform.

The new community is currently in BETA and parts are pretty basic (as you’ll see below), however there are lots of cool features coming based on community feedback including multi-platform game data, insights and social integration.  We’ll keep you updated!

So, what are the mods and most active Playfire users seeing right now on Community BETA?

Community Home Page

This is the main page where you can see all of the activity across the entire forum/buzz. Here you will be able to engage in conversations instantly such as thread posts and blog comments.

From here you will be able to see what everyone is talking about. If you click ‘My Feed’ This will be a filtered game buzz based on your activity and comments.

Masterbuzz

-

Community tabs on games

Here you will be able to see the overall community stats for a game. You will be able to track the average completion rate and time across the entire community. You will also be able to see the average review score from the community and how many members of the community own the game.

Each game will have their own buzz for you to discuss the game with other member of the community.

Data

Blog comments

Any comments you make on Green Man Gaming’s blog posts will also be seen on the Master Buzz page.

Blog buzz

Coming very soon - Your Profile 

Whilst currently not fully integrated into BETA yet, your profile will have a massive amount of features to play with. Each profile will get a User bio as well as a graph that will compile your gaming hours and what games you have played (this will all be done automatically on your profile page).

Profile and data

So, these are just some of the great changes and features we are bringing to the community.

As the community grows we will be looking to expand our moderating team, if you are interested in becoming a mod, please let us know.

I hope this has shed some light of the changes and upgrades we are implementing.

Thanks for your support, 

The Green Man Gaming Team

EDIT 07/11/2016

We have been listening to your questions about the community update and you can find a handy FAQ below. Hopefully this will answer most, if not all of your burning questions.

Feel free to ask us anything that hasn't been covered in this FAQ.

New Community platform FAQ

Is Playfire being fully absorbed into Green Man Gaming?

This a merging of platforms rather than one being absorbed into the other. Many of the components in the final platform are coming directly from Playfire. Additionally the back end systems, game stat repositories and DB structure of Playfire and Green Man Gaming have been shared for a while now.

Will the new community have a “proper” forum?

Yes, although you can create your own discussion threads like a forum on the current Master Buzz on the new community platform, we are investigating a traditional style forum solution that will mean you’ll be able to post and respond to threads the same way as you have on Playfire.

Do Playfire accounts transfer over to the new community?

Your tracked game statistics will be kept and you’ll be able to see your Steam data immediately whilst we work on i PSN and Xbox stats. We’ve rebuilt the whole back end on how we gather and hold game statistics which will give you a richer set of data presented in a more interactive way. We will of course keep you updated on progress.

Is the new profile page just for members in the new Community BETA or will these be rolling out across the board?

As of today, the profile pages have not been rolled out yet to the testers (mods, most active users) but we aim to have this feature ready in time for the full launch to the whole community.

Will stuff like game achievements, Steam, PlayStation etc. be tracked?

Yes, you will be able to track your own game achievements and data in the new community and even compare it to the overall community achievements. Initially only Steam stats will be available but we are working as fast as we can to introduce stats for Playstation and Xbox.

What is happening to the Game Collection Database? Will it be transferred to the new community?

What we need to do is clean up a lot of duplicate or semi completed game data. There are over 60,000 games on the Playfire database today and many of the pages have never been accessed, so we need to do a bit of a housekeeping exercise before we make a decision on the game collection database.

So should I uninstall my Playfire app on my pc?  

No, please leave your playfire app for the moment.  

Is this new community getting a PC/mobile app?  

The new website is fully responsive (and looks great on a phone or tablet) and will include the new community features (if you’re testing it out now, you’ll be able to see it on your mobile browser already). We have a Green Man Gaming mobile app that is coming out very soon and later iterations will have community functionality in them.

Anyway to transfer Playfire profile and friends etc?

A friends and a “follow” system for streamers are in the pipeline for future releases.  Once this is complete, we will transfer your friends list to the new community.

Will historical posts and post counts transfer to the new community?

We are looking into solutions for transferring posts and post counts from Playfire to the new community platform as we know this is important to our community, so watch this space.

Profile image
azgoodaz posted 3 months ago

RIP Playfire. Goodbye long friend.

Before you get lost in the fire members. Join our Playfire/GMG Discord Server. You will be loved. Jake the DogMario mushroom

Profile image
DSP21 posted 3 months ago

1. When's playfire closing?

That's all I need to know.

Profile image
Cro_Dragon posted 3 months ago

So it ends, in disgrace.

Was fun while it lasted.

Profile image
Darklordkjell posted 3 months ago

*lots of bad words* >:( Why couldn't they just improve on what is here instead. >.<

Profile image
MakoSOLDIER posted 3 months ago

Will there be anyway to move our playfire friends list over? I'm guessing not. hmm well I'll check it out then but can we at least get some sort of playfire legacy status in the new site?

Profile image
Kappakatt posted 3 months ago

It was a good run, guys. 

The discord legacy shall live on.

Profile image
CalumB90 posted 3 months ago

@Sarrifin will the staff respect the users this time around? 

Profile image
Phantom_Rock posted 3 months ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Kappakatt Jump to post

It was a good run, guys. 

The discord legacy shall live on.

I met you here c_c

Profile image
dan958_2 posted 3 months ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Phantom_Rock Jump to post

I met you here c_c

and me

Profile image

I met you all here, literally

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by dan958_2 Jump to post

and me

Quote:

Originally posted by DSP21 Jump to post

I met you all here, literally

Yeah, but...She's my waifuuu. <33

Profile image
CursedBlessing posted 3 months ago

Great job /sarcasm 

Profile image
Quote:

Yeah, but...She's my waifuuu. <33

And you're most of the friends I have.

Profile image
Quote:

;--;

Profile image
Alyxx posted 3 months ago

I look forward to being part of the new community.

Just one question, will stuff like game achievements, Steam, PlayStation etc. be tracked?

And will there be a manual game collection function for those who collect older games and such?

Okay that's two questions. I lied.

Profile image
dan958_2 posted 3 months ago

Bye everyone, I'll be signing out of this account now. See you over on the discord!

Profile image
Darkblade252 posted 3 months ago

So should I unistall my Playfire app on my pc?  

Is this new GMG community getting a pc / mobile app?  

Anyway to transfer Playfire profile and friends etc? 

Profile image
Mxtt posted 3 months ago

I don't understand why any of this couldn't have been communicated while it was being worked on but uh, thanks for letting me know you're going to finally kill the site off after letting it slowly die ever since you acquired it. 

Good luck. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Profile image
Kappakatt posted 3 months ago
Quote:

;~;

Profile image
Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by Kappakatt Jump to post

;~;

Doesn't react to my comment </3

Quote:

Originally posted by AlwaysTheKop Jump to post

Stay with us on Discord Petty Betty <33

Profile image
AlwaysTheKop posted 3 months ago
Quote:

Doesn't react to my comment </3

Stay with us on Discord Petty Betty <33

But it's so fast paced Ima have a seizure D:

Also!! Damn that colour scheme on the new format is dire as feck.

Profile image
Vivalafred posted 3 months ago

:(. I hope the new place is much more improved 

Profile image
shatulance posted 3 months ago

As one of the longest surviving members of this site I feel ashamed that it's had to come to this. Ive seen this site go from bare bones to what it is now and then I've watched it stagnate after gmg aquired it. If the new site was a new redesigned Playfire site I would stick with it but dragging the community into the home site for a company that has shown it don't give a *expletive deleted* about the community means I won't be crossing over. And you can shove the beta test right up your asses

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top