Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

The Food Thread of Playfire

General Discussion - Started 4 years ago by rbl007 - 1185 posts - 1 2 3 4 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 48 pages

Profile image
rbl007 posted 4 years ago

since i had this group and people such as myself keep posting/spaming the faces of playfire thead with food, let make a food thread

today i made a gluten free pizza

feel free to post your ideas and/or pic's and if i like an idea i have a go at it and post a pic up myself

Profile image
ToxicSunshine posted 4 years ago

That looks delicious!

Profile image
Dr_Tom_Cat posted 4 years ago

I hope I'm not the only person that did not have to see who the OP was to know who the OP was.

No pictures of food at the moment, but there will be soon.

There will be soon :|

Profile image
ofx360 posted 4 years ago

Profile image
Anarch0 posted 4 years ago

This thread makes me angry. I love to cook but my kitchen has been destroyed by crackheads. AND WHERE THE *expletive deleted* ARE ALL MY SPOONS??!!

Profile image
Dr_Tom_Cat posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by ofx360 Jump to post

Gawd. I am sorry. 

Also, That was the best thing I've read tonight.

Profile image
ADay posted 4 years ago

Sorry for the horrible lighting and camera quality, but this is what I'm easting right now.

I made a penne pasta with roasted broccoli and red onion, bacon and freshly grated parmesan. I also made apple cinnamon muffins.

VelaNoon had it when she came to visit, but my mom made it that time.

Profile image
Yaridovich posted 4 years ago

Well thanks, RBL and Aday. You both made me hungry. >:(

Profile image
War_Bear_112 posted 4 years ago

Jummy!!!!

Profile image
CapRichard posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by ADay Jump to post

I made a penne pasta with roasted broccoli and red onion, bacon and freshly grated parmesan. 

Ahah, A fine dish!

I just finished eating my usual "happy day" dish.

Tagliatelle pasta with Porcini (Boletus) Mushrooms (which as usual, went all at the bottom of the plate), erh... single cream or cooking cream, whatever is the english name for "panna da cucina" and some Speck Alto Adige PGI to add some flavour. And of course, tons of Parmigiano Reggiano (parmesan). All pan fried with butter of course. 

Profile image
dreaminstereo posted 4 years ago

This thread is making me so hungry. All I've been able to eat today is chicken soup, just about managed a tiger bread roll as well D:

Profile image
pecan50 posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by ofx360 Jump to post

I want 4.

Make me 4.

Ofxwoman.

Profile image
ADay posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by CapRichard Jump to post

Tagliatelle pasta with Porcini (Boletus) Mushrooms (which as usual, went all at the bottom of the plate), erh... single cream or cooking cream, whatever is the english name for "panna da cucina" and some Speck Alto Adige PGI to add some flavour. And of course, tons of Parmigiano Reggiano (parmesan). All pan fried with butter of course. 

:o

That looks really really good, but might give me a heart attack xD

Is Speck Alto Adige just smoked prosciutto? Because it looks a lot like it.

Profile image
CapRichard posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Is Speck Alto Adige just smoked prosciutto? Because it looks a lot like it.

Ah, thanks for the name. I checked and yes, apparently that's how it's called in english. 

Here we just use the word Speck, because "smoked prosciutto", which should be literally "prosciutto affumicato" is a completely different kind of food. I guess that in US you don't have enough product variety to have the need to come up with specific names (seriously, here there are like... dozens variations of everything in the span of a few kilometres). 

This is prosciutto affumicato and this is speck

Quote:

That looks really really good, but might give me a heart attack xD

It's a pretty typical and "light" "mountain dish". You can trow away the coking cream and it will be much lighter and use Oil instead of butter to cook it so to decrease animal fat. 

What you need to try is Pappardelle with Boar sauce.... truly amazing and that will actually gave you and heart attack AND cancer Tongue out

Profile image
EvilWaffles posted 4 years ago

Well you all know what I'll be making for this thread soon.....

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by EvilWaffles Jump to post

Well you all know what I'll be making for this thread soon.....

Pancakes?

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by pecan50 Jump to post

Pancakes?

Demon Pancake Halfbreeds!

Profile image
OutrunCam posted 4 years ago

The correct way to cook eggs is in a pot. 
EDIT: holy crap that is a massive picture. 

Profile image
SweetIvy posted 4 years ago

Local Liquor store has a deil. And they make a dam good cheesesteak

Profile image

Going to make my own Twinkies in a few days. Hopefully will post the results up here.

Profile image
SweetIvy posted 4 years ago

hmmm... Does mac and cheese with bacon sound good?

Profile image
Quote:

Originally posted by SweetIvy Jump to post

*stomach growls....*

Yes.

Profile image
ADay posted 4 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by CapRichard Jump to post

Ah, thanks for the name. I checked and yes, apparently that's how it's called in english. 

Here we just use the word Speck, because "smoked prosciutto", which should be literally "prosciutto affumicato" is a completely different kind of food. I guess that in US you don't have enough product variety to have the need to come up with specific names (seriously, here there are like... dozens variations of everything in the span of a few kilometres). 

This is prosciutto affumicato and this is speck

There is variation here, but just different phrasing. Proscuitto is generally just one kind of ham over here, but when it comes to ham in general, which is actually the translated English word for "proscuitto," there are a ton of different hams.

So "ham" = "proscuitto" and over here we just look at what you would call "speck" as Italian ham, which we just call "proscuitto."

Quote:

Originally posted by SweetIvy Jump to post

I've had it. It tastes amazing, but it's way too rich for me to stomach. 

Profile image
ljlrj posted 4 years ago

rename thread to you will hungry after opening thread

Profile image
ADay posted 4 years ago

Clam strips and cocktail sauce:

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top