Playfire is the social network for gamers. Get a gaming profile, track your stats, and meet people to play with!

Kinect is getting all FUS RO DAH up in here, Skyrim gets Kinect support.

General Discussion - Started 2 years ago by Darkpyrojohn44 - 34 posts - 1 2 pages
 
Profile image
Darkpyrojohn44 posted 2 years ago

http://www.oxm.co.uk/40581/skyrim-kinect-support-announced-skyrim-dlc-gets-dragonshouty/

Bethesda has announced Kinect support for The Elder Scrolls 5: Skyrim, to be released as free Skyrim DLC. It'll add more than 200 voice commands to the game, including commands for Dragon shouts, hotkeys, followers and inventory selections.

"Adding a new dimension to Skyrim's gameplay, the Kinect for Xbox 360 integration offers Voice Commands throughout the game including Dragon Shouts, Hotkey Equipping, Follower Commands, and all Menus (Items, Magic, Map, Barter, Container, Favorites, and Skills)," reads a press release.

"With Voice Commands, quickly create and load saves during gameplay and access menus and inventories. Skyrim's Kinect for Xbox 360 Support also adds new functionality including special map functions, additional hotkey options, and the ability to sort inventory items by name, weight, and value."

They've sent out a trailer to exhibit all this. Watch and weep.

The release continues: "Skyrim Kinect for Xbox 360 Support is the latest in free feature updates that Bethesda Game Studios has added to enhance Skyrim, and more are coming. In addition, Bethesda Game Studios has been hard at work on creating the first set of game add-ons that will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

"This additional content will add new quests, locations, features, and much more to the world of Skyrim. Stay tuned, we hope to officially announce what it is soon."

A budding hacker coded the PC version of Skyrim to accept Kinect commands last year. No word on whether he's involved with this. Happy now, Cliff Bleszinski?

Profile image
magic321321 posted 2 years ago

Wow. I *heart* BETHESDA!!!1111!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Profile image
Joao_Lucas_DP posted 2 years ago

Wussat?

Wussat I hear?

Issat Kinect sucking less?

That can't be!

Profile image
MassLegion808 posted 2 years ago

Yup gamers world-wide are now going to scare the cr@p out of, Family and Neighbors, maybe even friends if they like watching friends play games....

Profile image
Darkpyrojohn44 posted 2 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Darkpyrojohn44 Jump to post

In addition, Bethesda Game Studios has been hard at work on creating the first set of game add-ons that will be exclusive to the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

"This additional content will add new quests, locations, features, and much more to the world of Skyrim. Stay tuned, we hope to officially announce what it is soon."

I don't know how to feel about this. PS3 isn't getting some content DLC? Hmmm....

Oh well, I have a 360 :)

Profile image
benoski posted 2 years ago

My friend won't be pissed about this. He owns a PS3 so he probably won't care.......

Profile image
Theonik posted 2 years ago

They should make it so arrow to the knee jokes drive your character to suicide.

Profile image
AlwaysTheKop posted 2 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Theonik Jump to post

They should make it so arrow to the knee jokes drive your character to suicide.

That was the plan... then they took an arrow to the knee.. :P

Profile image
Darkpyrojohn44 posted 2 years ago

I DONT THINK YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND HOW EXCITED I AM.

Less sorting through the inventory >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thu'um shouting

When I turned my Xbox back on and saw this junk on the dashboard I was like

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Profile image
Twisted_Tony posted 2 years ago

Very cool!

Profile image
breakfuss posted 2 years ago

That is cool. Seriously.

Profile image
breakfuss posted 2 years ago

...just don't understand why a mic wouldn't suffice, though.

Profile image
Subc posted 2 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by breakfuss Jump to post

...just don't understand why a mic wouldn't suffice, though.

1+

Profile image
CapRichard posted 2 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by breakfuss Jump to post

...just don't understand why a mic wouldn't suffice, though.

Kinect is much, much easier to program voice recognition stuff on. It has dedicated hardware (of courseXD), it comes with dedicated drivers, codecs and programs and its on board microphones are high quality for that price range.

Programming on a general codec for all microphones would actually require about a order of magniture higher work than doing something for kinect.

Edit:

Awesome video about kinect

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/kinect-disconnect

Profile image
absolution_KEFKA posted 2 years ago

So we can shout FOOS in real life and something will actually happen?

 

 

...meh.

Profile image
Swift23Guy posted 2 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by absolution_KEFKA Jump to post

So we can shout FOOS in real life and something will actually happen?

...meh.

lol. my thoughts exactly.

Profile image
Joao_Lucas_DP posted 2 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by absolution_KEFKA Jump to post

So we can shout FOOS in real life and something will actually happen?

...meh.

Pootis pow

Profile image
kazmohdim posted 2 years ago

That sounds like fun.

"I am sworn to carry your burdens" Undecided

FUS RO DAH! Yell

Profile image
Darkpyrojohn44 posted 2 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by kazmohdim Jump to post

That sounds like fun.

"I am sworn to carry your burdens" Undecided

FUS RO DAH! Yell

Don't even have to listen to that anymore thanks to trade command :p

Profile image
kazmohdim posted 2 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Darkpyrojohn44 Jump to post

Don't even have to listen to that anymore thanks to trade command :p

Nah, I could never get rid of that, it gave her personality. ^_^

Profile image
Darkpyrojohn44 posted 2 years ago

Quote:

Originally posted by kazmohdim Jump to post

Nah, I could never get rid of that, it gave her personality. ^_^

Lol

Actually the thing I am most excited for is the fact that the UI actually looks like it makes sense with voice commands. You don't have to go into the Favorites menu so much since you can choose Fus Ro Dah or Yor Tul Shul whithout mapping one to the RB, and then later going in and mapping another into the RB. Also fast equipement change is nice as well. Things in the regular menu are nice because you can say a location in the Map screen and it centers the view over it, you can say Restoration in the Skills screen and it pops right over. I almost never use commands with followers before, I might use them some now.

Profile image
Notb0b posted 2 years ago

But heres the thing, why not just make it Xbox mic compatible instead of kinect. Much more practical.

Profile image
Darkpyrojohn44 posted 2 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Notb0b Jump to post

But heres the thing, why not just make it Xbox mic compatible instead of kinect. Much more practical.

Not really

Quote:

Originally posted by CapRichard Jump to post

Kinect is much, much easier to program voice recognition stuff on. It has dedicated hardware (of courseXD), it comes with dedicated drivers, codecs and programs and its on board microphones are high quality for that price range.

Programming on a general codec for all microphones would actually require about a order of magniture higher work than doing something for kinect.

Edit:

Awesome video about kinect

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/kinect-disconnect

 

Profile image
Notb0b posted 2 years ago

But if microsoft put more effort into making the two cross compatible, instead of trying to get casual supporters, their core group woukd grow. Then again, microsoft hates us all anyway. Walking monybags.

Profile image
MassLegion808 posted 2 years ago
Quote:

Originally posted by Notb0b Jump to post

But if microsoft put more effort into making the two cross compatible, instead of trying to get casual supporters, their core group woukd grow. Then again, microsoft hates us all anyway. Walking monybags.

Every Corp is like that, not just Microsoft

You must login to post.

back to top Back to the top